Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help please to identify badge on cap in Picture

Article about: Would anyone be able to assist me in working out what the badge on the cap in the picture below is . The photo was taken around 1943. Any advice or assistance would be very much appreciated.

Default Need Help please to identify badge on cap in Picture

Would anyone be able to assist me in working out what the badge on the cap in the picture below is . The photo was taken around 1943. Any advice or assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks Michael.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry I cant help, but here is the picture from the above PDF attachment, as it may make it easier for people to see.

Thank you very much. I clearly messed up the photo upload. Appreciate you help. Best regards, Michael.

Looks like the conventional post war cap eagle to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian.
    BUT the photo was taken in 1943 well before the period after the war.
    Does anyone have a better photo of one of these eagle that they can post to better show this badge type PLEASE???

Hello Michael,

The cap badge was issued to soldiers of the Polish 1st Tadeusz Kościuszko Infantry Division, they wore the following cap badge (this is not my area of interest).

Hope it helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

That is the one I was thinking of.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Known as Kurica - chicken. Worn from 1943 to 1944 and then replaced the "crown less" Napoleonic Warsaw eagle.

Brilliant!!!
    Thank you Andrzej & Meyle77 and Adrian for the help in identifying this cap badge. You guys are very knowledgeable and helpful.
    One final question please - can you advise what a fair price would be for an original badge/"Kurica"??
    thanks and best regards, Michael.