Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odznaka Grunwaldzka (Grunwald Award) with document

Article about: Hi all, I just got this Odznaka Grunwaldzka, with the issuing document. The great thing about it is the issuing date on the document - 26 Lipiec 1946 (July). These awards were first issued o

Default Odznaka Grunwaldzka (Grunwald Award) with document

Hi all,

I just got this Odznaka Grunwaldzka, with the issuing document. The great thing about it is the issuing date on the document - 26 Lipiec 1946 (July). These awards were first issued on the 21st July 1946, making it one of the first batches awarded.

The award itself has a lot of wear on it, but still has nice detailing and patina. The leather button strap is interesting - I'm not sure if that was a genuine item issued with the order, or something the wearer had made. The leather shows significant ageing and wear on it. When I first unscrewed the back, there was a lot of dirt and flecks of worn away leather on the award. It cleaned up nicely with just a soft cloth, but shows that it had not been removed in quite some time.

What would be a good way of possibly tracking down the soldier or their unit? I speak Polish, but have only been living here a few years, so I don't know what online resources would be available for this.

I'm very happy with this one, hope you all like it

Odznaka Grunwaldzka (Grunwald Award) with documentOdznaka Grunwaldzka (Grunwald Award) with document
    Last edited by Iron Hussar; 03-13-2015 at 09:35 PM.