Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?

Article about: Good morning dear fellow collectors, I'm in need of some help with these two Polish cap eagles. Here they come The first one on the left seems to be a crowned eagle emasculated of its crown

?

Default Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?

Good morning dear fellow collectors, I'm in need of some help with these two Polish cap eagles.

Here they come

The first one on the left seems to be a crowned eagle emasculated of its crown - and was there something in the shield too? Am I correct in assuming this is a pre-communist piece readapted after the establishment of the communist regime?

Just check here:
    Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?

Now, what I am really not sure about is the second eagle. There seems to be no traces of any removed crown and yet the design and quality differs meaningfully from both wartime and post-war common communist eagles. This eagle seems also thinner than these latter ones.

What do you make of it?

?

Your eagle is from 1960-89. They never had a crown and during this time, they were very popular. I'll add a few pictures to show you how and what has changed.
    Picture #1, the eagle is from around 1950.
    Picture #2, the eagle is model 1919 with a cut off crown. This eagle is made after the war between 1945-1948.
    Picture #3, the eagle model 1919 with crown, could have made during the war time to 1946.
    Picture #4, this eagle is model 1919 made before the second war. Beautiful maker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?   Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?  

Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?   Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?  

Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?   Polish cap eagles -Second Republic or People's Army?  

?

Dear Robek, I owe you my thanks for your help and my sincere apologies for the awful amount of time it took me to come back to you.

Now, let's see if I've understood your explanation..

Is this correct?

I'd have a couple of questions more about the 1960-89 model though and hoped you could help me make up my mind about tht eagle. I thought explaining them directly on the photo would make them easier to understand.

What do you think of that?

Also, here comes a further eagle. Am I to treat this as a 1950s model?

Thank you so much!