Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Decorations and Awards?????

Article about: My late father-in-law received the following awards or decorations that may or may not be Polish awards or decorations. Does anyone have any info or advice on the following please:- Medal fo

Default Polish Decorations and Awards?????

My late father-in-law received the following awards or decorations that may or may not be Polish awards or decorations. Does anyone have any info or advice on the following please:-

Medal for Tannenberg, Falkenburg, Drumburg
    Medal za Wal Pomorski
    Za Berlin.

This is how it has been written in old style writing so there may be some errors in my reading of the words - apologies.

Does any one know anything about this medal - i have checked the forums and nothing comes up.
    Thanks in advance,
    Michael.

Hello Michael,

I have found the following photographs on the internet for the "Medal za udzial w walkach o Berlin"

Obverse with Legitymacja

Reverse with Legitymacja

I hope that this helps you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej,
    Thank you for your info and photos. I really don't know if this helps me or causes me more questions. On the document, which is extremely poor quality, I am not sure if this is one medal/citation or two or three. It appears in 3 lines on the document which may suggest more than one medal or citation. And, i do not have this medal in my late father-in-law's group to compare to your medal. In addition I cannot find any exact reference to this one/two/three medal/s anywhere that match exactly to the wording - so that is why i have thrown it to the Forum members to see if anyone has knowledge or information on it. Hopefully, someone may have heard of this medal or these medals but i am starting to doubt the information that i have if it draws a blank from this Forum.
    thank you for your help.

Is it possible to post an image of the document that mentions these awards?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I think that the first 2 medals are are ZBOWID medallions made for members that participated in the fighting.
    One thing that makes no sense is Tannenberg as that part of East Prussia was "liberated" by Russians and there was no significant fighting.
    Wal Pomorski on the other hand was always considered by LWP to be a heavy fighting similar to Budziszyn.

Tony,
    It is a hand written note on very very poor condition paper barely legible to the eye - it does not scan well or photograph well - so it would be pointless posting on the forum - I could barely read the writing and so that is why I posted what I thought was written.
    A good idea but not in this instance.
    Best regards,
    Michael.

Meyle77,
    you wouldn't by chance have any photos or pictures of what you are suggesting would you. If i could see a photo maybe just maybe that would be something to follow up. So you are saying that these were NOT medals but some sort of medallion. I have no idea about any medallions that my late father-in-law may have been awarded etc
    thank you for your info and advice.
    best
    Michael.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...j_DP_awers.jpg

is an example of what I mean - I will look for more photos on the weekend.

Meyle77,
    Brilliant!!!
    thanks for the picture.
    I will ask my mother-in law if she has any recall of that type of medallion.
    await your other photos/pictures when you can get them.
    best regards,
    Michael.

no problem
    will try to post more over the weekend

still try to post a photo of the paperwork

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast