Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post War

Article about: Hi All Annoyed from this ads?   I recently joined the group. I collect mostly Polish Air Force militaria from WWII. My uncle was a Pilot with the 309 and 305 squadrons and I have most o

Default Post War

Hi All
    I recently joined the group. I collect mostly Polish Air Force militaria from WWII. My uncle was a Pilot with the 309 and 305 squadrons and I have most of his belongings including his log book and 100+ pictures. I need help in another area!! My dad who was younger then my uncle was in the Navel Air Force in Poland after the war 49-53. He recently passed away and I have been trying to recover some of his medals and badges but am having trouble because the photos I have with the Badges on them are blurry and my dad did not remember the names of the badges accept for one. I have added the photos. The one with the parachute I know and have it and the polish airforce with man and wings I have also its the other two I can' figure out. Can anyone help? I have added all the pictures I have inorder to help figure it out

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War   Post War  

Post War  
    Attached Images Attached Images Post War  Post War 

?

Default Re: Post War

Hello Chris ... and welcome ...

The badge is possibly a variant of the Polish Naval Aviators badge.
    .. I'm sure though that somebody will have a 100% positive identification for the badge ..

Regards

Gary J.

Thanks but your looking at the wrong badge the picture next to it has 4 badges on it the two bottom badges are the ones I need to find. The Airforce one with the Ikar is Zrzeazenie Sportowe a sportsmans badge.this one I know. sorry I should have only put the one picture I thought if someone recognised the uniform they would know what was issued.
    Attached Images Attached Images Post War  Post War 

3mk
    ?

I cant name the badges but I can keep my eyes out for them,there quite common on ebay.I have some postwar air force badges in my collection if your intrested pm me your adress and I`ll send them to you for free.

Hello,
    Para badge is a Polish Air Force parachute badge issued in 1946 in Polish Peoples Air Force. This pattern is still in use currently!
    The badge was based on basic Russian parachute badge.

The badges from period 1946 - 1955 were produced by small enagraver workshops: Iwanczak from Warsaw and Makowski from Warsaw too. The badges were numbered.
    Also exist badges produced in unknown manufactures.
    Since mid 50-ties National Mint started to produce this badges.

It is hard to say what are other badges from smaller picture.
    Maybe any Communist organisation.

Best regards
    Rafal

Hey Rafal

Thanks for the info since my dad was only in the service untill 53 I hope that Iwanczak is the only producer at the time and I can start searching with that, thanks. I have searched ebay and allrgro I have many of the Air Force parachute badges in my collection and the badge with the Ikar in Polish Air Force background I Have only seen two in two years for sale and I bought 1. Small badge high price.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War  
    Last edited by Chris Szypulewski; 11-07-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Add picture

Hello Chris,
    I have about 20 post WW II Air Force para badges - only a few made in private factories.
    Your Father was suppously awarded with Makowski made badge.
    Those made by Iwanczak were given ca. 1946-49.
    I will post a few examples.
    Rafal

Hello,

Below is an example of Iwanczak made badge.
    All I saw were numbered below 1000.

Now 2 variants made of Makowski (different eagles = different dies):

2nd pattern:

The highest number I saw - it was over 5000.

Rafal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast