Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

post-war first Polish passport

Article about: Hi all, Wanted to share this important passport. This is the first time I have seen a post-war passport that was issued right after the war, most likely the second half of 1945. The design i

Default post-war first Polish passport

Hi all,

Wanted to share this important passport.

This is the first time I have seen a post-war passport that was issued right after the war, most likely the second half of 1945. The design is a spitting image of the pre-war blue-covered jacket passports, with one "small" omission: the crown is gone. The last page does not indicate the issuing quantity or year, as in older passports. What is interesting is that the communist authorities printed the title as before: the issuing body was the pre-war ministry of interior. Later, we can see this changed. They added by hand the new issuing authority: foreign ministry. These passports lived for s short period of time, several months only, because in early 1946 they already had the new design, or we can say, the 2nd edition. I added images of the passport with the 1946 new version and an interesting war-time issued passport, printed in Switzerland, since its colors are very similar to the 1945 edition...

Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post-war first Polish passport   post-war first Polish passport  

post-war first Polish passport   post-war first Polish passport  

Very interesting Neil! Congrats on adding the rare early PRL passport to your collection.

You may be interested in a thread underway where I'll soon be adding another passport to the one already posted (post #39) from an officer's grouping being examined here:

Polish Military Mission in Canada during WW2

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,

Tnx.
    Yes, very nice paszport indeed! something that would always fit well in my collection of Polish 2nd Republic passes 8)))

Best,
    Neil