Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rogatywka LWP with Kurica

Article about: Hello all, On my most recent trip to Poland, I found this in an old leather trunk at my aunts place. The kurica seems real enough but I am bemused by the rogatywka. Firstly it seems awfully

Default Rogatywka LWP with Kurica

Hello all,

On my most recent trip to Poland, I found this in an old leather trunk at my aunts place. The kurica seems real enough but I am bemused by the rogatywka. Firstly it seems awfully small and I've never seen one without a clasp at the front. Can anyone shed some light on the two? I get the feeling they might not belong together originally, although there is certainly age (and repairs in the case of the rogatywka, on both).

Many thanks,

Kos.Rogatywka LWP with KuricaRogatywka LWP with KuricaRogatywka LWP with KuricaRogatywka LWP with KuricaRogatywka LWP with KuricaRogatywka LWP with Kurica

Hi and welcome to the forum. Agreed, an unusual piece due to the small size and the lack of the metal slide/buckle. The Kurica eagle almost appears disproportionately large on this field cap. Post WW2 headwear is not an area of much expertise for me, so hopefully we can get some comments from other members. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Agreed, an unusual piece due to the small size and the lack of the metal slide/buckle. The Kurica eagle almost appears disproportionately large on this field cap. Post WW2 headwear is not an area of much expertise for me, so hopefully we can get some comments from other members. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks for the welcome Tony.

The kurica is standard size, so like you say the cap is quite small, although it stretches quite a bit when worn and makes the eagle look relatively normal. The rim/peak of the cap seems to have possibly been cut/shortened - there are signs of repair here. No markings inside regarding origin or maker, though it is quite worn and damaged, mostly on the inside.

Really don't know what to make of this one, hopefully someone can shed some light?

Cheers,

Kos.

For what it's worth, the same type seems to be on this picture.Rogatywka LWP with Kurica