Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VM medals

Article about: Hi guys, i need your opinion on those VM medals, they are post war made repro or original war time? Thanks Janek

Default VM medals

Hi guys, i need your opinion on those VM medals, they are post war made repro or original war time?
    Thanks
    Janek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VM medals   VM medals  

I believe all post-war commemorative but original.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I see a lot of Polish Medals and Badges here in Canada, however I find that as good as many of them look, they tend to turn out to be repro.
    I myself no Nothing about them, however those that know and collect them point out here, that most we see are not "right"

Dean O

Janek, all I can add is that that these are definitely being reproduced. On the market you’ll find both legitimate official re-issues along with ‘collector copies’. Wojciech Stela's book on LWP/PRL era decorations is an excellent resource that points out the good, the bad and the ugly, so definitely a worthwhile acquisition for collectors of post war decorations.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

THE FIELD OF THE GLORY MEDAL
    MEDAL ZASLUZONYM NA POLU CHWALY

The medal merit on the field of the glory instituted by the order of lieutenant-general Zygmunt Berling the commander of the Tadeusz Kosciuszko 1st Infantry Division in 1943. At first the award was given to participants of Lenino battle. The award has three classes: Gold, Silver, Bronze and was given for courage, bravery and heroism at the battle.
    The award could have been given to the same soldier more than once and could also have been presented to non-Polish soldiers, who contributed by their activity to victory during the battles of Polish Army. After the end of WWII the award was given by the Bureau of the Home Council of National, and then by National Board. The first patern of the award was the image of the Virtuti Militari with white crowned eagle placed against a background of crossed Polish and Russian flag with the date “1943” on the reverse. This version has been made by Russian National Mint in Moscow. By the end of 1945 the new version of the award appeared, this version had the Virtuti Militari Award with uncrowned eagle and no flags on obverse and the date “1944” on reverse. The award was recognised by the non-communist Polish government on December 23th 1992.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.