Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo

Article about: by youthcollector1 So he is wearing a Brownshirt similar to this? Yes. The last photo on this site...: KARANLI ...was taken at the same occasion. Under enlargement, the anchor devices on the

Default SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo

Ok..Gents...an oddity for sure..who would of thought an SA or an SS dagger would be in New York city in 1937. This is a photo of the funeral for the Hindenburg disaster victims. Take a look at the man on the right with the political dagger....any thoughts on the uniform type and the type of dagger? What photo category can this dagger be placed in? I can not indentify the uniform type that would go with this dagger. ......Any thoughts? Regards Larry

below is the caption that came with the photo

German soldiers give the salute as they stand beside the casket of Capt. Ernest A. Lehmann, former commander of the zeppelin Hindenburg, during funeral services held on the Hamburg-American pier in New York City, on May 11, 1937. The swastika-draped caskets were placed on board the SS Hamburg for their return to Europe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo
    P
    Many

I tried my best to blow the photo up for you larry, hope you dont mind, looks more like SA then SS to my eyes, a great photo btw! SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo

Appears to be neither SA nor SS, but instead a signal tab for the NSKK. I'm nearly certain of this, therefore the dagger would be a NSKK.

Here's a example;
    SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-21-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Ohhhh I was almost going to say NSKK by the uniform but the cap threw me off, The order to paint the scabbards black came in may of 36, this is may of 37, does the scabbard look black? I guess it should be but it is hard to tell.

Figured out the cap I believe, an NSKK Marine/Motor Boat Unit Visor Cap.

?

Wow 0-- you guys are good---- I'm impressed-- Nice call youth collector

Whats up with the armbands? Looks like a black band over lapping their party armbands.

Black over the armbands because it is death/funeral related.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Black over the armbands because it is death/funeral related.
    Indeed.

If this is an NSKK uniform..then the scabbard does not necessarily have to be painted black because of the time frame....NSKK dagger examples are also seen..with "anodized black scabbards" for the earlier members. Painted black scabbards were another option to opt out in paying for an anodized scabbard. This example posted in the photo looks to be anodized..but hard to tell because of the black and white photo.

Amazing to see this in New York during this time!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Figured out the cap I believe, an NSKK Marine/Motor Boat Unit Visor Cap.
    This too makes sense as the bodies were returned by ship. I would of expected some other High leader type dignataries there other than NSKK. is there any other uniforms identifiable other than NSKK?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast