Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 summer olympics stamp booklet

Article about: i was asked a question by a forum member. "are tr stamps faked, they seem to sell very cheap?" yes and no no as a general rule most third reich stamps are not faked, they were prin

Default 1936 summer olympics stamp booklet

here is another nice little piece of postal propoganda from my personal collection.

it is a complete booklet of semi-postal stamps issued for the 1936 summer olympics

while not rare, complete booklets with the full panes of stamps intact are quite scarce.

this is interesting to me in that it is another way that the tr government, used to project an image of national power.
    semi-postal stamps were stamps that were sold for a premium above the actual 'face" value of the stamp. these surcharges were generally used to help fund various 'social welfare" programs

in the case of these stamps the surcharges of 2pf, 3pf, 4pf, and 6pf genereated revenue that helped to fund the winter olympic games in bavaria.

these stamp designs were released as full sheets and special souvenier sheets as well
    -sean

1936 summer olympics stamp booklet1936 summer olympics stamp booklet1936 summer olympics stamp booklet1936 summer olympics stamp booklet1936 summer olympics stamp booklet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 summer olympics stamp booklet
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1936 summer olympics stamp booklet

Great set of stamps, do you have more TR..intresting information about the surcharge..

souveneir sheets issued to commemorate hitler's 48th birthday
    (1) is cancelled at berlin,
    (2) at berchtesgaden
    (3) is a "special" souveneir sheet that has had the added inscription "25 rpf einschliesslich kulturspende" (cultural promotion) next to each of the four stamps
    -sean

(1)

(2)

(3)

next is a set of 13 stamps issued to commemorate hero memorial day (1944)

a 12 stamp set issued to jointly commemorate army day and hero memorial day (1943)

1943 set of 6 stamps to honor hitler's 54th birthday

one of my personal favorite sets.
    issued in 1943 to commemorate the anniversery of the RAD

last but not least the general issues in use from 1941-45. these are the most commonnly seen design used on mail during the war.
    \
    der fuhrer

1936 summer olympics stamp booklet1936 summer olympics stamp booklet

Keep em coming , i love the RAD stamps..the set above i have most of them...

it is of interest to note that stamps, postcards and other forms of mail are some of the most widely used forms of propaganda used by governments since the 1840's. usually the "propaganda" stamps feature a wide variety of subjects, and when mounted properly can make a very nice addition to many collections.

also collecting the stamp issues of the third reich can be very very inexpensive, with many complete sets selling for under 5.00, in fact a basic set of tr stamps can be put together for jsut a few hundred dollars (this is of course minus the rarities and high expense items). to put together a complete collection of third reich stamps (in mixed used/unused) condition can be done for about 4000.00-5000.00 (less than the cost of a nice lid).
    if i can be of any assisitance in helping you with your german stamp collecting, please pm me
    -sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast