Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt

Article about: Hi all, Thought of sharing this interesting ausweis. I believe what makes it interesting are the applied large crosses, possibly indicating the owner has passed-away... Neil.

Default 1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt

Hi all,

Thought of sharing this interesting ausweis.

I believe what makes it interesting are the applied large crosses, possibly indicating the owner has passed-away...

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt   1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt

Hi Neil, a very interesting historical document. Thanks for sharing this one. I had never seen this one before.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade.

I believe the Sonder-Abteilung was formed about a week before this ausweis was issued, mainly in confiscating property.

Neil.

This unit is mentioned in the second paragraph of the following link. As well as confiscating property they were also involved in combating resistance in the Ghetto..
    Lodz Ghetto, Litzmannstadt Ghetto

If you contacted the people running that website they might well be able to provide a lot more information on the document and organisation and confirm whether it is original or not.

Hi,

In the mean time there is confirmation from the Yad Vashaem Museum in Jerusalem that this individual, Max Glass, did live in the address stated on this ID and he was born in 1915. He died in the Ghetto. So I think this strengthens this item as an actual used document.

Neil.

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Hi,

In the mean time there is confirmation from the Yad Vashaem Museum in Jerusalem that this individual, Max Glass, did live in the address stated on this ID and he was born in 1915. He died in the Ghetto. So I think this strengthens this item as an actual used document.

Neil.
    It certainly does and just confirms what a great example of a historical document this is. I hope that you are able to find more information out.

According to Yad Vashem, he lived in a few addresses in the Ghetto. This could have been due to becoming a ghetto-police member, that normally would mean 'upgrading': better food-rations and possible change in lodging.

Here is another example of another such ID and rations, different ghetto.

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt   1942 ausweis-Litzmannstadt  

?

huddyduddy, if you are still around, did you ever find out any further information regarding this interesting piece?

Regards,

Carl

huddyhuddy, do you have more information/history on your example of ID/rations? Interesting piece.