Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 Dresden terrorist attack?

Article about: Hello, please tell me what is this document about? Thanks.

?

Default 1945 Dresden terrorist attack?

Hello,

please tell me what is this document about?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 Dresden terrorist attack?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1945 Dresden terrorist attack?
    P
    Many

I have got a similar document, but made by the Belgian government, for the loss of similar items by a Belgian young officer at the begining of the war. And also during a bombardment.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

TWS
    ?

It is a list of items ("articles of equipment") that Leutnant Bludau lost during the fire bombing of Dresden. The Germans called the bombing raids against civilian cities "terror attacks".

It seems he needed an official list for some reason. Probably to avoid being charged or punished for losing those articles or to obtain replacement articles or reimbursement through official channels. If he had 5000 RM in his briefcase, that was a big loss. That was about the yearly pay, or a little more, for a company grade officer.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Sorry, should have told that as well.
    Thought the question was; what the terrorist attack was....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

TWS
    ?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Sorry, should have told that as well.
    Thought the question was; what the terrorist attack was....
    He asked what the document was about. But no worries, I've got your back.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    It is a list of items ("articles of equipment") that Leutnant Bludau lost during the fire bombing of Dresden. The Germans called the bombing raids against civilian cities "terror attacks".

It seems he needed an official list for some reason. Probably to avoid being charged or punished for losing those articles or to obtain replacement articles or reimbursement through official channels. If he had 5000 RM in his briefcase, that was a big loss. That was about the yearly pay, or a little more, for a company grade officer.
    Yes, simply a certificate to authorise the loss of personal uniform and equipment to cover replacements.

The Dresden situation was dreadful but it was war and war is not a game of cricket!

Please let's not start the "terror attack" debate here. The facts show what was present at Dresden.

One of Hitlers "revenge attacks" was on the city of Bath, a Roman Spa town in origin with no war related targets whatsoever.

Just saying!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for answers.

About name of thread, I have google translate this "Terrorangriff" and google say "terrorist attack".

Why he carried so much money?

Quote by numizz View Post
    Thanks for answers.

About name of thread, I have google translate this "Terrorangriff" and google say "terrorist attack".

Why he carried so much money?
    Maybe he wasn't carrying large amounts of money. I remember an accommodation block being blown up in Northern Ireland, and every squaddie who had personal effects in that building lost expensive Pentax SLR camera's. This is what soldiers do... they lose more personal possessions and equipment than they actually had!

TWS
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post

The Dresden situation was dreadful but it was war and war is not a game of cricket!

Please let's not start the "terror attack" debate here. The facts show what was present at Dresden.

Regards

Mark
    Mark,
    Please don't get your knickers in a twist. There's no reason to. I explained the gist of the document and explained why that term is on the document. Because that is what the Germans called it. Note that I even put it inside quotation marks.
    I made no judgement of my own. Your post seems a little pre-emptively thin skinned and worried that such a debate may break out - but it did not, at least until you brought it up.
    Please have a pint and sit back and understand my post was a dispassionate explanation of the contents of the document.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast