Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1945 Dutch ausweis

Article about: Hi, Trying to find out who signed this ausweis and what was his duty and the department he was working in? (right section of ausweis). Many thanks for any help, Neil.

Default 1945 Dutch ausweis

Hi,

Trying to find out who signed this ausweis and what was his duty and the department he was working in? (right section of ausweis).

Many thanks for any help,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 Dutch ausweis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1945 Dutch ausweis
    P
    Many

appie
    ?

Default Re: 1945 Dutch ausweis

The department is The Hague, and the stamp says reichs commissioner of the occupied Netherlands.
    Cant see any name with the signature.

Thanks.

I was wondering if one could trace the one who signed it, was he an officer? high ranking? his duties during the occupation, that would be interesting.

Thanks again.

appie
    ?

It doesn't really say who he was, no name, but it does say he is a "kommissar", whitch is a high rank, and is intitled to sign any Ausweis in the occupied Netherlands.
    The man, Jan Kerrebyn seems to be a Dutch forced labourer, but I cant make out what work he did.

Hi,

Well, was it the actual "kommissar" or someone for him? if it was, then it is an interesting signature.

Neil.

appie
    ?

It doesn't say really, butit seems that this Jan was doing something in a hospital or something in that direction. (sorge amb)

Hi,

From what I can tell about Jan is that he was working at the wellfare offices of the government, and I also know , well, according to his son, that he was also a Dutch underground member. The one who issued and signed the ausweis, well, that is the mystery here...

Thanks.

appie
    ?

Yes, sorge amt in German can be translated in many ways, care etc, thats why I suggested hospital work or something in that direction.
    Difficult to find out who signed it, but it seems to be an original signature.

pjm
    ?

Oeffentliches Fuersorgeamt would be Public Welfare Office.

The Reichskommissar the the Netherlands was Arthur Seyss-Inquart. The signature, however, is not his and no doubt just a supervisor who signed documents in the name of the Reichskommissar.