Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1948 German passport

Article about: Hi, Thought of sharing this here. One of the things I like to collect is post-war occupation papers, such as this first temporary passport issued to non-Germans in Germany. What makes this o

Default 1948 German passport

Hi,

Thought of sharing this here.
    One of the things I like to collect is post-war occupation papers, such as this first temporary passport issued to non-Germans in Germany.
    What makes this one an interesting passport is that it was issued to a refugee, Jewish, who received an immigration visa to British Palestine 1 month before the founding of the State of Israel, then arriving in Palestine 2 weeks before the end of the Mandate! very very interesting item (by that time it was nearly impossible to obtain a visa to enter British Palestine).

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1948 German passport   1948 German passport  

1948 German passport   1948 German passport  

1948 German passport   1948 German passport  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1948 German passport
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1948 German passport

Hi Neil, that is a fantastic passport. I have never seen anything like it, but that's my fault because I only look at stuff listed pre August / 1945. I need to open my mind up more to the post war years. She was Polish, so just think what this woman went through before she got to Palestine. I wonder how she survived? Things were still pretty bad for the Jews after the war. She must have had someone pulling strings for her to get in under the wire like that. Thanks for sharing. Jay

Thanks Jay.
    The same with me, sometimes I am fixed on a certain time zone and miss other good items too, that I could have learned from. What do you collect?
    If you allow me to ask.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Hey Neil, don't mind at all. I kind of have an eclectic mix, which is what alot of collectors will say not to do. Everything I have is 1933 to 1945, mostly German and American, a few British items and a few Russian. I've got about 30 rifles, documents, medals and some equipment. I have a very strong distraction for Eastern Front stuff. I'm absolutely facinated by the savagery both sides showed each other. Pretty sad, hope we never see anymore battles like that on earth. I guess the best way to sum up the Eastern Front is that if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. The nice passport you posted here has definitely convinced me to broaden my collecting interest. What's your favorite stuff to collect?

Take care,
    Jay