Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Share your German posters!

Article about: Hi guys I´m not a poster collector in particular, in fact I only have two in my collection and both salty ones! Anyway I think the German propaganda posters of the 3 Reich are very well made

?

Default Re: Share your German posters!

Haven't been here for a while, so I thought I would bump this old thread back up with a few additions. These are some of my favorite SS posters from my collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share your German posters!
    P
    Many

Thanks Tony, very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.

Wow! Those are some amazing SS posters. Propaganda posters from that time were so well done (on both sides). Thanks for sharing!

Madman

Lots of great posters in this thread. I was wondering how you guys display them? Do you have any special frames, like the archival type? I have a few American posters but I don't want to put them on display and have them fade and deteriorate.

thanks,

Alec

For me, I linen back my pieces. While the term is 'linen' actually the backing is canvas and it's affixed with wheat paste. I also store my posters in a flat file but a few of them are framed. Framing them gets very expensive as frame shops tend to charge hundreds to do the work.

Default More Posters from my collection

Here are more I recently hauled out. The photos have been cropped in photoshop to fit uniform in a photo file that I keep, thus the water mark, too. However, these all are original and backed on linen and each one is about 87cm x 101cm. That's a standard size for most of these German pieces and one good way to determine an original.

1) "1933-1943" was designed by the artist 'Mjölnir' (Hans Schweitzer).

2) "Sieg um jeden Preis" (Victory at any Price) dates 1942 but I've seen a German wedsite list it as '43.

3) "ein Volk ein Reich ein Führer" is a 'famous' piece said to have been issued in Austria. I have not found printing indication to support that fact. The printing information on my poster shows it as Offsetdruck Carl Werner, Reichenbach. (Offset press, Carl Werner [company] Reichenbach [city])

4) "Hitler Liberator" is a German issued poster for the Russian/Ukraine occupation. Also a Carl Werner issue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your German posters!   Share your German posters!  

Attached Images Attached Images Share your German posters! 

Default German Propaganda Poster for Ukraine occupation

Here is one from my collection. (In Ukrainian) "One year ago the struggle for your liberation began!
    Your work is your support!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your German posters!  

Default German Poster for Ukraine/Soviet occupation

In Russian language: "Germany Is The Front Line Fighter For A New Europe!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your German posters!  

Default German Poster for Ukraine Occupation

Another from my batch and this one is in Ukrainian language: "For The Will Of The People!"

I believe another member also has this poster. If that member happens to see this post, please re-post yours here, too!
    Attached Images Attached Images Share your German posters! 

Hello all,

Here's one I have! Nur Hitler poster.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your German posters!   Share your German posters!  

Share your German posters!   Share your German posters!  

Share your German posters!   Share your German posters!  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast