Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A selection of Ausweises...2

Article about: Some more...please comment. Tnx, Neil.

Default A selection of Ausweises...2

Some more...please comment.

Tnx,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A selection of Ausweises...2   A selection of Ausweises...2  

A selection of Ausweises...2   A selection of Ausweises...2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A selection of Ausweises...2
    P
    Many

Default Re: A selection of Ausweises...2

The first scan, application for Kennkarte GG, section 8 is interesting...

Neil.

Historiker
    ?

Hi Neil,

A most interesting collection of Ausweise. A variety of employee Ids. Volksturm Ids are difficult to find and that is a nice one. Are you familiar with the Volksturm Soldbuch? Foir some reason, I've seen more of those than I have of Ausweise like yours. I really like the bi-lingual Ausweis in French and German. The number of types of bi-lingual Ausweise is considerable: Polish, Greek, Ulkranian, Russian . . anywhere the Germans occupied. They can form the basis of a collection all by themselves! Thanks for sharing them!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Many thnaks. Would you know what "job" did the dienstausweis have?

Tnx,
    Neil.

Bill,

Thanks again.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Historiker
    ?

Hi Neil,

To your question: the Dienstausweis permitted her to enter fiscal-related military installations, in this case, the Graf Schlieffen Barracks in Bromberg in the Warthegau in occupied western Poland. From the name, I would say that she was probably Polish. The Polish stamps and triangular cutout are post-War and indicate the Poles reviewed and invalidated the Ausweis. So far, I have been unable to determine her job from the information presented on the Ausweis. However, I'll keep working on it.

Of interest to me is the use of the term "Reichs-(wehr)" on the printed card stock. This could indicate that the actual form was printed early on, perhaps prior to 1935 when the term "Reichswehr" was still in use, and pulled from old stock late in the War when this Ausweis was issued but the use of the term "Reichswehr" for the German Army had long since ended. Pure speculation on my part, but the appearance of that term is certainly curious. If true, that could call into question whether the Schlieffen Barracks was actually a fiscal installation, or whether that particular Dienstausweis stock was used for a non-fiscal installation simply because that's what was available in the fourth quarter of 1944 in Bromberg ( remember, at that point the Russians were rapidly aproaching the area; in fact, Bromberg was liberated by the Soviet Army at the end of January, 1945, less than three months after this Dienstausweis was issued). Trying to discover the story behind the Ausweis is one reason I love collecting these artifacts!

Best,
    Bill
    Last edited by Historiker; 10-03-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Hi Bill,

Thanks, much interesting material! great!
    I can send some Chinese WWII ID's next time for you to see.

Warmest Rgrds,
    Neil.
    China.

Historiker
    ?

Hi Neil,

Do you live in China? Unfortunately, I know a little about the Chinese experience during WWII, but nothing about the Ids! However, I'd love to see them!

Seems we're having a two-man conversation on these . . isn't anyone else interested in joining the discussion? I'd be especially interested in hearing what others think about my Dienstausweis theory.

Best regards,
    Bill
    Barbados

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone over the material I saved regarding my items and I think the dienstausweis belonged to a photographer...there is no explanation why or how, sorry.
    Yes, I live in China for 8 years now, I have a strong interest in the Chinese-Japanese conflict mainly Manchuria, can send some ID scans later on, try tomorrow.

Many thanks,
    Neil.