Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Where is / what is Schloss Tillisburg?

Article about: I have this foto of a group of Heer Officers with maps, etc. On the back it says "Schloss Tillisburg September 1942" Does anybody know what that means? Thanks in advance.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Where is / what is Schloss Tillisburg?

I have this foto of a group of Heer Officers with maps, etc. On the back it says "Schloss Tillisburg September 1942" Does anybody know what that means? Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where is / what is  Schloss Tillisburg?   Where is / what is  Schloss Tillisburg?  

2. # ADS

Harry Morant
    ?

Default Re: Where is / what is Schloss Tillisburg?

Schloss Tillisburg is in Austria - best I can work out it is to the South East of the Austrian City of Enns

Harry Morant
    ?

In a book from 1851 it is spelt Tillisburg but now appears as Schloss Tillysburg

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks guys. I wonder what is going on in the foto. The guy I bought it from said it was "General Staff" but since there are not many Generals present (if any) I guess he was BSing me...

?

They were probably conducting war games as there wouldn`t have been any fighting in Austria at that tjme.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Harry Morant
    ?

The General Staff was a professional body of officers with a high degree of training and military expertise to formulate, disseminate and oversee operations at the Divisional level (or above). Essentially they were the Generals staff who were the cream of the officer corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.