Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Autograph

Article about: Hi Torkild, Adulf hitlers signiture is the most copied one in the collecting world, if it was worth \\$1000, we would all be rich. I can do one for you if you want. dave.

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Autograph

Hi woske,
    Thanks for the reply to my question and with that excellent
    reply i must say you are the expert on all things hitler.
    As i said we might learn something from it, I put the letter on to compare the signitures, i never once said and will not say it is a
    genuine signiture, It is just a piece of stationary that has been signed, also it wasnt said that he wrote it, It just has the signiture on it and all staff signs stationary. ( even the queen) i was not showing sarcasm i read into what you said and it seems you are an expert on hitler, with the knowedge you show i was not wrong.
    But we cant all be right all of the time.
    dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Autograph
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi woske,
    Thanks for the reply to my question and with that excellent
    reply i must say you are the expert on all things hitler.
    As i said we might learn something from it, I put the letter on to compare the signitures, i never once said and will not say it is a
    genuine signiture, It is just a piece of stationary that has been signed, also it wasnt said that he wrote it, It just has the signiture on it and all staff signs stationary. ( even the queen) i was not showing sarcasm i read into what you said and it seems you are an expert on hitler, with the knowedge you show i was not wrong.
    But we cant all be right all of the time.
    dave.
    Dave,
    Once again I am sorry if I misinterpreted your previous reply, but it does read a little 'tongue in cheek'. I am of the opinion that comparisons are only worthwhile if one believes it to be genuine, otherwise one might as well post any Mickey Mouse letter. By posting the letter, you implied that you believed it to be authentic. Is it not your letter? I doubt the Queen can be described as "staff" and I seriously doubt she would write and sign a letter on her equerry's stationery!!
    Regards,
    W.

Hi woske,
    Yes you are right the queen should not be called staff, but and there is always a but unfortunatly she has become just a figure head for our country and like all of us has to do a she is told.
    Fact, she asked to be allowed to see the Battle of Britain fly past
    and celebrations, quote, as she said on a live interview on T.V,
    One was not allowed to go see it, It comes to something when the Queen ask to be allowed to go somewhere and is turned down.
    Just as staff is, this is becoming a futile conversation about a mad mans autograph, its just a piece of ink on paper.
    Dave.

?

Is the Privatkanzlei letter yours?
    W.

Informative Reply W, The original Poster was asked of his opinion on originality of this piece, yet hes not replied as of yet However he's lowered the price of the auction So I presume he still thinks this to be period signature! Lets hope no one else looses money on this poor example.

Quote by Woske View Post
    Dave,
    I'm only giving my opinion, just like everyone else. Even though I recognise your rather sarcastic comment on my opinions (and I apologise if I am totally wrong) I will provide some rudimentary observations on both the signed book and your signed letter. However, I do not profess to be "the expert on all things Hitler."
    First, the signature on the book page is written upside down. Anyone who knows the most basic information about Hitler autographs will know that he would never sign something upside down. His awareness of appearance always dictated that "things should always look right." Then the actual signature has several flaws which indicate a forgery, mainly in the surname. The capital "H" is incorrectly formed and displays hesitation in the first lower loop. The continuation into the remainder of the surname is also flawed.
    Although the image is small, your letter rings alarm bells immediately. What can be seen in your image initially indicates a forgery. Hitler did not write letters on stationery from the Privatkanzlei. This stationery was used only by his staff, such as adjutant Julius Schaub. The incorrect use of stationery is a common fault of forgers who are a little naive in their knowledge of the structure and administration of Hitler's secretariat. Unused secretarial stationery is more common than original Hitler personal stationery, which is what he would have used in such a communication. Next the salutation at the beginning of the letter is incorrect and is somewhat lacking in correct etiquette, something Hitler was extremely conscious of. The parting salutation is also incorrect. Some of the wording appears to be wrong. Finally the signature (albeit not a good image) does not appear correct for the date and I would guess that a closer examination would indicate flaws.
    The only reason I made comment on your letter is because you offered it up as a genuine Hitler comparison signature and I believe you are mistaken.
    I have between fifteen and twenty examples of Hitler's signature in my collection, which for security purposes is stored in safe custody and therefore not easily accessible for scanning. Here is a genuine example recently sold on the internet.
    Woske.

?

Quote by Woske View Post
    Is the Privatkanzlei letter yours?
    W.
    Panzer 3, any chance of an answer please?
    W.

Quote by Woske View Post
    Panzer 3, any chance of an answer please?
    W.
    As Dave is Offline I will step in and say Yes it is Dave's and I know he has never said on here He believes it to be genuine so yes its open to discussion!
    Very good informative Post earlier by the way!
    Cheers
    Dan

Crikey Dave,
    If Hitler's handwriting was that bad he should have become a doctor, or does my GP have a sinister secret life?
    Cheers,
    Guy.

?

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    As Dave is Offline I will step in and say Yes it is Dave's and I know he has never said on here He believes it to be genuine so yes its open to discussion!
    Very good informative Post earlier by the way!
    Cheers
    Dan
    Thanks Dan. I saw that Dave had been online a couple if times since I posted this question. I just wondered if it were possible to have better scans of it.
    W.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    .....But as said earlier Hitlers signiture is the most copied in the collectors world, perhaps you have an original you could show us.
    Dave.
    Here is a laser copy of one of the Hitler signatures in my collection. It is from a formal promotion document dated 1940.
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler Autograph  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast