Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?

Article about: Afternoon gents, I know these images are not detailed enough to make a definitive call, but what are your "gut feelings" about these being original private snap shots? Personally I

Default Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?

Afternoon gents, I know these images are not detailed enough to make a definitive call, but what are your "gut feelings" about these being original private snap shots? Personally I think they stand a good chance as they are not close up "posed" images and one of them does not even show the Fuhrer, and the one in his Mercedes has obscured his face! I also like the annotations to the reverse, but as ever I would appreciate other opinions, thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?   Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?  

Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?  Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?  Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?  Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?  Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler original "snap shots"?
    P
    Many

Could very likely be good--- I'm not seeing any problems with the photo paper, although it's impossible to make out any possible maker marks to the reverse. I always look at crowd size, who's there and who's not... and then there's the matter of source and type of writing to the reverse etc. I personally prefer the poorer angle/not properly set up shots where you can see they are not taken by a professional hand.... I don't know... it's hard to tell... they do, to a certain extent, have that hurried candid look to them though.

?

I think you'll find they're original. I believe they're from when Hitler visited several front-line airfields after Germany invaded poland. I have a snapshot similar to these ones when he visited Oppeln in 1939, showing him arriving at the airfield in his staff car with various planes in the background and all the troops saluting him etc.

?

Just found out that this is for sure a visit to the front on Sept. 15th, 1939 at Jaroslaw.
    The bottom picture of the plane shows Martin Bormann, and Gen. Wilhelm List from the 14th Army standing in front of it. (Bormann in the light coloured coat in the middle, List to the left of the picture). Hitler was visiting the HQ of the 14th Army on that day and while he was there he watched his troops cross the river San.
    The JU52/3m is the one Hitler flew down in and was flown by Hans Baur.

What gives it away? General Wilhelm List? I clearly read "Der Führer......... feldflüghafen" and then what appears to be the name starting with "M..." possibly ending with "i". Hard to read going by these small previews.

Also, I sometimes find "original" in the context of vintage photography to be a slightly diffuse term. Clearly, the image imprinted onto the paper is real, the event happened and all but when was it printed, in which capacity was it shot, how many were printed? I tend to differentiate between photographs shot for official propaganda or by unit photographers (don't know the correct term) for sale/dispersal among soldiers and those I personally deem the "private" candid shots taken by civilians or a soldier on their own whim for personal use. This could be the difference between a unique one off private print and one of hundreds of reprints.... hard to differentiate, of course but desirability differs greatly between the two. This could be either or --- as I see it.

Thanks for the input fella's and thank you Kapo for being able to "nail down" the particular visit that is photographed. My query was as to the chances of these being "private/personal" originals as these do not seem to me to be anywhere near the quality of a professional photographer, especially when you consider that the taker is in just about the worst position possible behind other officers! As private snaps, I may well go for them. Thanks again, Leon.

Well I have had a couple of beers and bought them! As and when they arrive, I will either be very happy or disappointed and stamping my little feet for a refund! Personally I still have a good feeling for these and once in hand I hope to see the old Agfa or Lupex on the reverse and no glow under a UV! I will post some good detailed images once the letterbox rattles. Leon.

haha --- a few beers ALWAYS help such matters... I don't really think there's much to worry about re. if period or not

Quote by slados28 View Post
    haha --- a few beers ALWAYS help such matters... I don't really think there's much to worry about re. if period or not
    Thanks, i'll drink to that my friend (but the wife won't)! Leon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast