Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Hitler signature, real?

Article about: What do you all think? I've done my research on this and I still don't know. I know 95% are garbage. Seems like it is best to avoid any AH signature not on an official document. . But even t

Default Adolf Hitler signature, real?

What do you all think? I've done my research on this and I still don't know. I know 95% are garbage. Seems like it is best to avoid any AH signature not on an official document. . But even those are sometimes stamped, printed, forged, etc. Snyder's treasures can make a document from scratch and do a decent job. I've compared stuff that worske said was real to stuff he said wasn't and heck if I can tell the difference. Starting to think it is impossible to know.

So what we have below is real ink, I believe, and the document seems real. But if AH had people sign for him, then all bets are off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler signature, real?   Adolf Hitler signature, real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler signature, real?
    P
    Many

Here ya go, the one you posted seems to lack the downstroke at the end!....

True, good observation, but a lot of good examples I've seen end on the upstroke. Like this one which comes with good provenence from 1943. Look the degernation in his sig has already started. Also the stutter on the Adolf. Was Hitler shaking?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler signature, real?  

?

I think this one might be good, not saying I am an expert on these since he chance his signature almost every year seems to follow most of the detail except the small curve at the end, also the ink shows some true age this is just my thought I would like to hear what others think

We have a member here, Woske, hopefully he will see this thread, he will know.

Quote by kahle33 View Post
    True, good observation, but a lot of good examples I've seen end on the upstroke. Like this one which comes with good provenence from 1943. Look the degernation in his sig has already started. Also the stutter on the Adolf. Was Hitler shaking?
    Near the end of the war he was shaking/tremors from rumored Parkinson's disease .
    So late signatures might reflect this.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Here ya go, the one you posted seems to lack the downstroke at the end!....
    The flourishes in the early halcyon days of the 1930's down to the cramped introverted scratching of the final stages in 1945 - his signature well mirrors the 1000 year Reich's rise & fall .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "