Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model

Article about: Hello everyone. I would like your thoughts on originality and value for this Adolf Hitler signed order of promotion for Walter Model. The order from Hitler is signed in ink and countersigned

FVROD1.....I have a lot of time on my hands. I am retired and housebound taking care of my wife after total hip replacement.

My fees are quite modest. For a half liter of FRANZISKANER I, too, could make another certificate of authenticity for you. Thanks, Doug.

Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model
    P
    Many

?

Here is his website for NSDAP items
    Buy & Sell NSDAP uniforms, headgear, insignia & German WWII militaria

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Well we all have day jobs to support this hobby....LoL.

Maybe as a published author with a legit publisher printing the book, our friend Wim might know of him.

Of course COE's are worth less then toilet paper and anyone can write a book, but I would be interested in finding out a bit more just in case.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The inside right you refer to is Just a non-related acid-free folder. Nothing to do with the Hitler Befehlshaber. Its only the one piece of document on the left.

So if it's an authentic document, there will be provenance. I would ask the seller what is the provenance? Who did he get it from, how did it get from Berlin to somewhere in the US. If it is an authentic document it would most likely have been grabbed by a US soldier entering a Reich office in the days after the fall of Berlin. That is possible, other documents became souvenirs that way. But what is the story and is it believable? I suspect the seller will say "obtained from a vet family" with no further details. Then you have to decide is the document likely to be genuine on what you see alone.

Quote by MAP View Post
    .....but I would be interested in finding out a bit more just in case.
    FVROD1......my wife, rightfully so, accuses me of being too cynical. I am willing to support MAP in this way:

Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model.....Adolf hitler signed order promoting walter model

.........................RBMINIS.................. ................................THE DEVIL'S BANK.....................

We must first make it clear that we are dealing with an embossed seal like that used by a notary public here in the United States, not a watermark nor one of those fake Polish ink stamps.
    The embossing by RBMINIS appeared as post #4 to a thread started by ROGER 9344 on 01-28-2014 Mutterkreuz Erste Stufe Award Document. The other one is the opening post to Reichskanzlei NSDAP Note Paper 10-08-2016.

While this type of embossed seal shows up quite often on documents, it has never really been addressed specifically on the forum. Perhaps you could take a better macro photo of it for juxtaposition to these two examples. Thanks, Doug.

There were hundreds, possibly thousands of different stamps in use during that time.
    Really, these would have no relevance in this case, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    There were hundreds, possibly thousands of different stamps in use during that time.
    Really, these would have no relevance in this case, IMO.
    Ralph.
    RBMINIS.....in a certain sense, I agree that there were indeed thousands of embossing dies similar to this in use at the time.

However, in spite of the poor lighting and photo quality....FVROD1 's seal does not inspire confidence. The swastika is quite deformed and the overall design is lacking "gravitas".

Above all, on such an "important" document as FVROD1 has, why should it be signed by autopen or rubber stamp like yours ? ? ?

AFTERTHOUGHT.....signed at the Wolf 's Lair ? ? ? A good macro photo is often used to look at pen strokes.

AFTERTHOUGH #2....quality paper should not be so yellowed. I would expect a watermark like KOH-I-NOOR found on some EHRENRINGE documents.
    Last edited by stakeside; 11-07-2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: NO MORE FRANZISKANER X STAKESIDE

I know Jeff.

He is a good guy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Not really, who is this guy ???
    Seeing the piece of paper in isolation makes it look even more peculiar. Surely from a pure typographical layout point of view it looks bizarre. I am still not convinced I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast