Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?

Article about: Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?

Default Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?

Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?
    P
    Many

I am far for sure regarding this but Hitlers and Himmlers signature are looking quite convincing to me.

Best regards,
    Franko

Wasn't Himmler known for signing in green ink? He might not have always had access to a green pen, but it's worth thinking about.

B.B.

May I ask about the background of this image, i.e. where is it from, what is this paper item etc.?

One thing that immediately jumps out at me is that von Rundstedt's rank is written in English, by the way.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    ...One thing that immediately jumps out at me is that von Rundstedt's rank is written in English, by the way.
    Which pretty much says it all about the item. Not to mention, why would there be Infanterie-Regiment 11 stamps on such an item? A lot of the ink looks quite fresh and strikes me as being similar in style to a lot of good faked citations that have been coming out of Germany.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Wasn't Himmler known for signing in green ink? He might not have always had access to a green pen, but it's worth thinking about.

B.B.
    He signed a lot of official paperwork in green ink/pencil but he did sign things like promotion & appointment citations in black ink.

I am really no expert on this and I have never seen most of these signatures before
    but I notice that some of the names seem to use a very similar style.

I circled the Ms in red and the Rs or Ps in blue that to me look like
    they might have been done by the same hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler and so many people signature?  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

It would be great to have more background info about the document.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Quote by hucks216 View Post
    He signed a lot of official paperwork in green ink/pencil but he did sign things like promotion & appointment citations in black ink.
    This was probably not a personal stylistic quirk of Himmler: Restricting specific ink colors to certain departments/individuals/purposes was a common practice in German adminstrative systems. (Speaking of green ink: Where I work, it was once strictly reserved for use by the internal auditors. With less and less handwriting and physical paperwork being done, nowadays there is no more need for such fine regulations.) Obviously, such rules were only to be adhered to for internal paperwork.

Hooray for Andreas. I am sure most have no idea what he is writing here, but it manifests great wisdom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast