Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)

Article about: I recently picked up this book I dont speak much German, or know about German collecting too much. It appears to be the first of a series of text books for the Wehrmacht. Printed in 41 and s

Default Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)

I recently picked up this book I dont speak much German, or know about German collecting too much. It appears to be the first of a series of text books for the Wehrmacht. Printed in 41 and stamped and signed im not sure if the signature is the owner? Please share any information you have. -Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)   Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)  

Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)   Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)  

Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)
    P
    Many

Default re: Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)

Hi Ben, I can tell you it has a property stamp of the German Red Cross. (DRK)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)

The front cover translates as:

"GENERAL EDUCATIONAL
    BASIC COURSE

1st PART

SOLDIERS' LETTERS FOR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
    EDITION D: GENERAL EDUCATIONAL COURSES
    FOR USE WITHIN THE ARMED FORCES ONLY
    "

The text on the back cover means:

"PUBLISHED BY THE ARMED FORCES HIGH COMMAND
    DEPT. J/WU WITHIN THE SERIES OF BACKPACK TEXTS
    "

On page 6 is the foreword. Here's a translation:

"Comrades! The call to form study groups in which the written word of the 'Soldiers' Letters for Vocational Education' is to be deepened and supplemented by a personal exchange of ideas has been followed to an ever-increasing degree. In order to facilitate this team work, the first part of the following courses has been collected in a single volume:

Edition A: Mercantile courses: Basic course, general advanced course, advanced course for the retail trade merchant.
    Edition B: Crafts-related and technical courses: The basic courses: constructional engineering; metalwork; electrical engineering; motor vehicle engineering; operating technology. The advanced courses: The way to Engineering College; the way to Architect's College.
    Edition C: Agricultural courses: Basic course.
    Edition D: General educational courses: Basic course; advanced course. The special courses: The West; the North; the East.

The collected edition at hand (1st part) is not only a bound edition of the individual letters, but is a summary of the different areas of knowledge in chapters. Achieved through this is a clarity that will serve the study groups well. As the 'Soldiers' Letters for Vocational Education' can only contain selected chapters from the individual specialized fields, this collected edition, too, is not a comprehensive textbook, but only a suitable tool to refresh and broaden vocational knowledge in study groups and individual study.

In order to help with the studies, a table of contents helps with finding the individual subjects. The answers to the exercises are collected at the end of the individual subject groups.
    Thosw who wish to devote themselves more deeply to individual subjects will find a short bibliography at the end. It lists textbooks that, through their contents, length and price, are suitable for the soldier.

Units receive two copies each for their troop libraries via official channels.

Direct supply to individual members of the armed forces is exclusively undertaken by Ferdinand Hirt Publishers, Leipzig C 1, Salomonstr. 15, via advance payment of 1.-- RM per copy incl. 0.20 RM postage. Payable exclusively to post office giro account Leipzig No. 9418
    ."

Default Re: Allgemeinbildender Grundlehrgang 1. Teil (Wehrmact Lesson Book???)

Thank you for the help Ade and the amazing translation HPL Ill submit the rest of the book and have you translate it too. ... Just kidding. Does anyone know if these books are common it looks like they should be if units revived two copies of each one, depending on what units it means. I attempted to translate some of the chapters titles and one was about Austria, Prussia and German unification it seems to be a history text book? Thanks again gentlemen for the help -Ben

Hey Ben, really cool book and I remember when you posted it to the unit page. The DRK stamp is a really nice touch.

(I told you that you would like this forum.)

Thanks all and Mo this form is great and so are the people, I just need to learn alot more about German (since I primarily collect US) before I become really active in posts. -Ben