Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ammoniakwerk Merseburg 1942 paper notice

Article about: since i do know very little german i used Google to translate this which i belive did not turn out correct as: "in the line of duty to protect the work, they can not spend together with

Default Ammoniakwerk Merseburg 1942 paper notice

since i do know very little german i used Google to translate this which i belive did not turn out correct as: "in the line of duty to protect the work, they can not spend together with your family this day. operational leaders and followers to thank them for their hard work and send them with this friendly sign commemoration heart metallic greeting". i
    i have not seen this kinda eagle before, but has this something to do with Werkschutz? anyone who can tell me what word is at the beginning?
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ammoniakwerk Merseburg 1942 paper notice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ammoniakwerk Merseburg 1942 paper notice
    P
    Many

The logo on top is that of the Werkluftschutz [Factory Air Raid Protection Service] and the word in Sütterlin script is "Weihnachten" [Christmas].

The document translates as:

"Christmas 1942

Dear colleague!*

Fulfilling your duty for the protection of the factory, you cannot spend this day in the circle of your familiy. The manager**) and the staff thank you for your efforts and, with this sign of friendly memory, send you cordial greetings.

MERSEBURG AMMONIA FACTORY
    "

*) The typcial Third Reich term "Arbeitskamerad" literally translates as "Labor Comrade" or "Work Comrade" and was much favored over "Kollege" in Nazispeak.

**) Another typical Nazi term, "Betriebsführer" literally translates as "Factory Leader".

PS: Forget online translators.

PPS: Really, forget them.

well, the Google translation i used made after what i see now little sense.
    thank you, sir, for the correct translation!!
    i shall NOT use "online translators" again. i`d rather ask my old mother : )
    Stig