Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Another non original Channel Island envelope.

Article about: There seems to an lot of "wrong" paperwork for sale supposedly from the Channel Islands (Kanalinseln) at the moment, and most are envelopes with either added handstamps or postage

Default Another non original Channel Island envelope.

There seems to an lot of "wrong" paperwork for sale supposedly from the Channel Islands (Kanalinseln) at the moment, and most are envelopes with either added handstamps or postage stamps or both. This one caught my attentionas its just plain horrible.The feldpost date stamp is out of sync with the time period of the Hafenkommandant stamp I believe. And the Kriegsmarine Jersey stamp is the first one I have ever seen like it in over 40 years, so either it's extremely rare or wrong. No one else I have shown this to has seen it before either. Finally the feldpost number on the back does not appear to be from a local unit either so my conclusion is that both the Jersey handstamps on the front and the one on the rear are post war additions made to fool the unwary collector. I know the Hafenkommandant stamp does or did exist, it was sold by a dealer in Jersey to someone in Guernsey 20 odd years ago I believe and so it could be being used to spice up ordinary feldpost envelopes.
    If you ever see items appertaining to the Channel Islands please let me know as I am always looking for new original items to add to my archive.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another non original Channel Island envelope.   Another non original Channel Island envelope.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another non original Channel Island envelope.
    P
    Many