Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition

Article about: Paul I am not doubting the authentcity of Otto Funk ,just the signiature . On the paper strip there is an obvious error that no German who lived the era would make . Can you spot it ? I noti

?

Default another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition

This new addition to my collection arrived today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition   another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition  

another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition
    P
    Many

Default Re: another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition

Blimey Mark ! Two Otto Funk sigs in as many weeks ?

Congrats mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice one !!

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Blimey Mark ! Two Otto Funk sigs in as many weeks ?

Congrats mate

Nick
    Thanks Nick , i want MORE

- - Updated - -

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Nice one !!
    Thanks

Very nice Mark!
    Nice addition to your collection,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry about what I am about to tell you . I have seen the Otto Funk photos with his supposed signiature on US Ebay at regular intervals over at least three years , which means he has signed a lot of photos ,(which are not original) This leads me to the question ,If Otto Funk was indeed a member of the 12th SS and I am not saying he wasn't ,he would be 86-90 years old today and not advertising his service in the SS, by signing photos. As Ebay over the last few years seems display many such signiatures . I would state that the photo as well as Signiature to be fake as for the print of 12th SS Hitler jugend Div.on the typed paper . Hitler Jugend OK 12th no no Germans would not put unit Nr. ... Lancere I do have several H itler Jugend SS photos (Press Photos ) I will scan one now

another Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div additionanother Otto Funk 12th SS pz Div addition You will note that Hitler Jugend is two words No mention of Div Nr.

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    Sorry about what I am about to tell you . I have seen the Otto Funk photos with his supposed signiature on US Ebay at regular intervals over at least three years , which means he has signed a lot of photos ,(which are not original) This leads me to the question ,If Otto Funk was indeed a member of the 12th SS and I am not saying he wasn't ,he would be 86-90 years old today and not advertising his service in the SS, by signing photos. As Ebay over the last few years seems display many such signiatures . I would state that the photo as well as Signiature to be fake as for the print of 12th SS Hitlerjugend Div.on the typed paper I have NEVER seen a UNIT Name eg 12th SS typed on a press photo . The Germans never mentioned the Unit on any Press release. I do have several 12th SS photos (Press Photos ) I will scan one now
    Otto Funk is a well known veteran of the Hitler Jugend Divison who i corresponded with many times , he became well known as a result of a number of iconic photos taken of him during the early Normandy campaign one of which started this thread and appeared in German papers at the time .Over the years Otto will have signed hundreds of photos as he used to send them out 4 at a time , different shots of him, this photo is a copy of the original press photo and is one of the four he would usually sign and send out to collectors !!

The sticker on the rear is atypical of the info that Otto put on the rear of all the photos that he signed all my photos have the same sticker on them !!

The signature on this photo is 100% original !!

Unfortunately Otto has passed away recently having spent many yearsw helping out collectors and reseachers interested in the Normandy Battles , he was a nice guy !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The top picture was taken by ss Kriegsberichter Zschackel and shows SS-Schutze Otto Funk of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 25 in a small alley way in the village of Rots in the direct path of Canadian advance, Normandy. taken from D-day then and now. Lancere hope this helps clear up any doubt you may have over the original picture?
    Mark as you seem to know a fair bit on Otto Funk did he fight in the Bulge?

Nice addition by the way

Dave

?

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    The top picture was taken by ss Kriegsberichter Zschackel and shows SS-Schutze Otto Funk of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 25 in a small alley way in the village of Rots in the direct path of Canadian advance, Normandy. taken from D-day then and now. Lancere hope this helps clear up any doubt you may have over the original picture?
    Mark as you seem to know a fair bit on Otto Funk did he fight in the Bulge?

Nice addition by the way

Dave

Thanks Paul & Dave for correcting what Lancere has said , Dave my research into Otto is just begining

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast