Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Anything special in Krakow 1944?

Article about: Hi, My history knowledge of German operations in Poland towards the end of the war it limited...but was there any special activities that they where conducting around Krakow around September

Default Anything special in Krakow 1944?

Hi,

My history knowledge of German operations in Poland towards the end of the war it limited...but was there any special activities that they where conducting around Krakow around September of 1944?

Many thanks.
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anything special in Krakow 1944?   Anything special in Krakow 1944?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anything special in Krakow 1944?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anything special in Krakow 1944?

Hi Neil, there was nothing special happening in Krakow in late 1944, except to say that by then, "the writing was on the wall" and the Red Army was approaching.

As you know both these are work passes. Not something I would have wanted to keep on me once the Red Army arrived in Jan 1945.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Many thanks for the reply. I just though that since these are 2 ausweises from the same area, working on some constructions or fortifications? where the Germans trying, in vane, to halt the Russian advance with contructions in Poland during that time?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Hi Neil, there were different defence lines being built in the East at that time, but none in Krakow that I know of? But this is not a subject I have looked into in any detail, so perhaps another member will be able to help there?

I will photograph an Organisation Todt id book for you from my collection. This gives details of a man who worked on one of the fortifcation lines in the East.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for sharing nice info