Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Attic find, items rare?

Article about: I have rotated the images for you. The first document you show has Adolf Hitlers signature on it, though I could not tell if it or any of the others are period originals.

I have rotated the images for you.

The first document you show has Adolf Hitlers signature on it, though I could not tell if it or any of the others are period originals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 4.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	615783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 3.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	615781  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	615780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	615779  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

My head hurts looking sideways.. Gwar
    Thanks Jerry B..

They are 100% originals no one has been up in this attic for decades. Also my wife's grandfather served in the German army as an officer in Russia. I found a whole heap of other things including medals and a really cool wallet shaped in leather as a german helmet! Can't open it because the zip is frozen shut! What sort of value would you put on the items I posted? I can't tell if hitlers signature is a stamp or he really signed it although looks like handwriting.

?

Lone wolf.. The chance of any Hitler signing anything IMHO is remote..... Facsimile at best..
    John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan... or perhaps Bill Clinton let alone Unckle Addie have more things to do than that.. JMO of course....Gwar
    Nice items though.... Thanks for sharing... No doubt there will be more discussions on these fine documents as well...Regards...Gwar
    Last edited by Gwar; 12-24-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Under magnification, I can see no indications that the signature of Hitler is from a pen-there are no indentations,spots of darker ink from starting or ending a letter, etc. I would have to put my money of it being an inkstamp signature. It is still an attractive document and certainly of interest to collectors. As for value, it's difficult to say exactly with paper items like documents, but I'm thinking if you had to Purchase a trio like this, that you likely would need to pay a couple hundred dollars. Unfortunately, though, if Selling, the dealers will generally give you half of what they can sell it for, so figure accordingly. A Very nice set of papers, in any case! I look forward to seeing what else you have found-particularly intrigued by the helmet wallet!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12