Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authenticate document

Article about: Hello to all the fine folks here at warrelics. I am in need of help about the authenticity of this document. I want to purchase it, but just want some opinions of its authenticity from much

monkmanww2
    ?

Default Authenticate document

Hello to all the fine folks here at warrelics. I am in need of help about the authenticity of this document. I want to purchase it, but just want some opinions of its authenticity from much more knowledgeable folks than myself.

My expertise stops and ends with coins and stamps. Also would like some info on whether the price is fair for this document and if the signature is stamped or hand written, also does anyone know who's signature is the second one? Price is 35.00 Euro and it is listed as 'KVK 2 class without swords certificate issued to the train driver.'

Thank you very much.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticate document   Authenticate document  

Authenticate document   Authenticate document  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Authenticate document

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The award document is original. The signatures are both printed. The other signature, besides Hitler's is Otto Meisner. He was Chief of the Presidential Chancellery of the Führer and Chancellor

The price isounds OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Welcome to the forum. Ade's right & price is quite a bargain indeed. Stewy S

Here is a photo of Meisner.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Authenticate document 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Here is a photo of Meisner.

Cheers, Ade.
    He was no looker Ade. Stewy S

I think he fits the sterotype image of a Nazi official rather well

Cheers, Ade.

He hasn't lost much weight on those pesky war rations I'm sure he was abiding by. Great picture and interesting info.

Jay

monkmanww2
    ?

Thank you so much all of you, also extra praise for the photo. I thought it was original but just wanted more opinions. I now look forward to getting this....Cheers.

One last thing...If it is not to much trouble can someone give me a quick breakdown on telling fake from authenticate documents?

Re fake documents: there is a lot to think about here:

First and easiest: blacklight it, as modern paper glows but not all fakes are made from modern paper.

Print type: a strong eye glass is needed to look at how it is printed. Check for modern print methods, like those used on a home printer. Old documents were done by a printing press.

Fake signatures: a whole subject in it's own right.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade Makes some Good points!

Few things to keep in Mind when buying Docs.Plenty of Research Time is a must. Say its a Combat Document (EK2) With the Right Reference Books!! (There are few threads on WRF Advising which Books to look out for) You might be able to Cross reference times dates Location/signatures etc. There is no real Short Cuts in Collecting documents. start with a few low end Docs studying the Document make up and Sig. Try to copy the Signature on a Document, you will notice pause/Forced Flows in the Pen. its Give away for a forced Signature most times.

My Top tip would be to Stay Away from Typed Documents until you have a good level of Experience Example of Typed Doc. Which I believe to be Fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticate document  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast