Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle damage photo

Article about: Picked up a lot of photos and this one was in it . its an American dressed in a German helmet but still a cool photo.

?

Default Battle damage photo

Picked up a lot of photos and this one was in it . its an American dressed in a German helmet but still a cool photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle damage photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damage photo
    P
    Many

Interesting photo! Sd.Kfz. 251?

There is an over painted balkenkreuz just behind the two. Perhaps an organizational change or touching up the paint.

?

Yes I saw that paint change . don't think u would have liked to have the window seat on that sucker

?

Nice photo! The vehicle is based on a french captured Lorraine 37L which the germans modified to make many different variants for a role of different uses. Here are some of the variants since I cannot work which one it is.

Battle damage photo
    15cm sFH13/1 (Sf) auf Geschuetzwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f)

Battle damage photo
    Marder 1

Battle damage photo
    Beobachtungswagen auf Lorraine Schlepper (f)

I would say a Marder since there seems to be a mantlet independent of the frontal armor plate that the artillery version doesn't seem to have. 132 is what, 1st company, 3rd platoon, 2nd vehicle? I believe that is how the three digit system was.

Black cat, good eye! I was looking at it backwards!
    Also, look at the plate geometry in relation to the tracks and the soldier. Much more in line with the armor geometry of the Marder than the artillery version.

Would say this was a Marder I you can just see the open rear entry to the fighting compartment. Great picture!

?

Battle damage photo
    Could also be a 10.5cm leFH-18/40 auf GW Lorraine Schlepper(f) albeit only 24 were built.
    Edit
    Apparently all were destroyed in the Normandy campaign and the US soldier seems to be wearing some thick clothing which might mean winter? So that rules out this making the marder the likely contender

A pity there are no additional pictures to expand the story.

?

Sorry just that one photo .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast