Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Berlin bleibt Deutsche

Article about: G'day gents, Does anyone know where I might find a higher resolution image of this pic? I've got an idea for my Berlin display but I'll have to rethink it a bit if I can't find a higher res

Default Berlin bleibt Deutsche

G'day gents,
    Does anyone know where I might find a higher resolution image of this pic? I've got an idea for my Berlin display but I'll have to rethink it a bit if I can't find a higher res image which I can have enlarged to a suitable size. I've searched online but this is about as good as I've come across and unfortunately it's not good enough to use for what I need.Berlin bleibt Deutsche
    Thanks boys,
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berlin bleibt Deutsche
    P
    Many

If I'm not mistaken, this is a still-photograph from a Russian newsreel of the battle for Berlin...I'll keep an eye out for a better one...
    cheers and good luck,
    Glenn

Thanks Glenn, much appreciated mate.

Dave: Have you tried the Bundesarchiv or Bibliothek für Zeitgeschichte in Stuttgart? The latter has a new name, but the old name will still take you there. Both have large photo collections and if you can send them an example with your contact, they can probably find it. On another tack, the slogan "Berlin bleibt Deutsch" was painted on walls all over Berlin, so if they don't have the exact photo you want, they might have something just as good. The Bundesarchive in Potsdam might be the best source, but I would give them all a shot. Another possibility, and not as long a shot as one might think, is the Still Picture Branch of the US National Archives (NARA) in College Park. Good luck to you old buddy, Dwight

Thanks Dwight! Some great info there mate, I don't specifically want that pic with the Soviet tank, I'm actually after a pic showing the graffiti written on the wall, it doesn't have to be that same wall etc... I'm just after a period pic with that slogan from Berlin, I want it as a background for my Berlin display. Thanks Dwight, I appreciate your help mate and you've given me some excellent places to look!

?

Great pic. That slogan and the Russians rolling by - poingnant.

There is also the one with 'Out walls broke, but not our hearts.'

Here's a couple that although different, are in the same vein. I like the Alter Art poster meself!

Berlin bleibt DeutscheBerlin bleibt DeutscheBerlin bleibt DeutscheBerlin bleibt Deutsche
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned!