Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Besitzzeugnis

Article about: This was one of the documents in the items I purchased. Any thoughts?

Default Besitzzeugnis

This was one of the documents in the items I purchased. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Besitzzeugnis   Besitzzeugnis  

Besitzzeugnis   Besitzzeugnis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Besitzzeugnis
    P
    Many

Default Re: Besitzzeugnis

Definitely posted in the wrong forum haha. How do I move this? Can you?

I'm certainly no expert, but from what I have seen of documents, I don't like it. The typeface doesn't look right to me, and the fact they have SS inked in instead of typewritten is a red flag. This is of course only my opinion and I would like to hear from an expert.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of information here.

Thanks Roger. Yeah I am definitely learning a lot. That is a good point about the SS being written. Here I thought it would help make it more authentic haha.

Everything about it is wrong. But to just highlight one red flag of many, the signature (which in this case is either stamped or photcopied) is of Wilhelm Burgdorff who was a General der Infanterie in the Heer and not an officer in the Waffen-SS and certainly not a, relatively speaking, lowly Abteilung Kommandeur in 1944!

Everything about this screams fake to me.

I think there are German spelling errors in it as well as historical fallacies, not to mention the other points brought up by the posters above.

The date is odd, which isn't necessarily a red flag since awards could be given long after they were earned, but it just seems strange to me that this man would be awarded this badge after months of retreat.

I am also not a fan of the fonts.