Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"

Article about: I added this one today and I think it is quite a good example. To me these documents tell more than the actual award because they identify by name, rank and unit an individual who actually q

Default Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"

I added this one today and I think it is quite a good example.

To me these documents tell more than the actual award because they identify by name, rank and unit an individual who actually qualified for and earned the award which for me gives creedance to a particular circumstance rather than allowing the same to the actual badge which might have been liberated from a stockroom by an advancing allied souvenir hunter.

That is not to denigrate the badges (good grief no!!) it's just that the document confirms the event.

Usually when I acquire a document I like to look into where the unit of the recipient was at the time of the award to gain some insight into what may have been happening at the time.

In this case however, I very much doubt that the Herr Leutnant was a member of the unit stated on the document when he earned the award. As far as I am aware it remained in Magdeburg and never had the chance to get a sun tan! So I think he must have been a member of Panzerkorps Nachr Abt 475. Any advance on that?

Regards

Mark

Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Besitzzeugnis Das Aermelband "Afrika"
    P
    Many