Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Can this Envelope tell me anything?

Article about: I have this envelope, it is stamped and written on, I don't know German, but I noticed 'Feldpost' in the top right hand corner, now for some reason this flipped a switch in my head, and I wa

Default Can this Envelope tell me anything?

I have this envelope, it is stamped and written on, I don't know German, but I noticed 'Feldpost' in the top right hand corner, now for some reason this flipped a switch in my head, and I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if this envelope could give me any info on the unit or name of the sender or receiver?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can this Envelope tell me anything?   Can this Envelope tell me anything?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can this Envelope tell me anything?
    P
    Many

?

From what I can see in the stamp and on the backside, it is written from a Reserve Teillazarett (reserve military hospital) in München. My German is ok, but I can't really read this handwriting. I am sure someone else will jump in and provide you with some more info

Quote by Dschop View Post
    From what I can see in the stamp and on the backside, it is written from a Reserve Teillazarett (reserve military hospital) in München. My German is ok, but I can't really read this handwriting. I am sure someone else will jump in and provide you with some more info
    Cheers Dschop, I can't read any German so you've helped me a lot, well now I know this, unless anyone else has a say, I could try and find out the hospital. It's dated 22.9.42 I believe as well.

Receiver is Herr (Mr.) Friedrich Wenner (last name could be a little different), living in town Landau, Pfalz (Palatinate), Cronichonstrasse. This street exists also today in Landau. Sender is Maria , surname hard readable, may be Hilf?

reagrds
    Tomasz

Wow! That's awesome, thank you Tompress, ! I wonder if I could trace the soldier? Would I be able to based on Name and Place, as i doubt there was many Friedrich Wenner's in Landau haha?
    Could this Maria be his girlfriend?

?

One more info...on the back of the envelope you can read MARIA HILF.
    I think the correct translation would be Our Lady of Perpetual Succour.

Today Maria Hilf is still a Catholic Church in Munich. Maybe it was at this time a hospital...managed by
    the church. See also the stamp on the front side...

harti

Last edited by harti; 08-23-2016 at 05:46 AM.