Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Concentration Camp death certificate?

Article about: I am wondering what this might be. I am assuming it would be the death certificate for the prisoner. That is my assumption... I have this and other SS documents I acquired that I will be try

?

Default Concentration Camp death certificate?

I am wondering what this might be. I am assuming it would be the death certificate for the prisoner. That is my assumption... I have this and other SS documents I acquired that I will be trying to decipher. Any help will be appreciated. Sincerely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp death certificate?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Concentration Camp death certificate?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Concentration Camp death certificate?

Death certificate for a machinist, reported to have died of Dysentery in the medical facility of Sachsenhausen.

It should be noted that it is not the actual death certificate as issued by the SS, but a typewritten transcription of it: Note that there are remarks and a stamp in Polish. (It contains numerous typos, too, by the way.)

Please note that I am not saying it is a fake certificate meant to deceive, merely that someone in Poland (maybe the deceased's relatives) had a transcription of the original document made.

?

As HPL says above, the document is not an SS issued document. These types of transcriptions were made for various reasons, not solely regarding death notification or concentration camp issues.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Please show your other documents as they sound very interesting.

Yeah.......just been reading it now, this is a Death certificate issued to and approved by the Popielow town council. These were issued and used all over central Europe (Czechoslovakia too) to "free-up" any and all of the deceased land and properties.