Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could anyone please give me information on these photos

Article about: The first is my Grandfather Max Grebner. Mom said he was captured in Eqypt. The second in My GGfather and GGmother. Does anyone recognize the medals on his Lapel? Thanks for any information

Default Could anyone please give me information on these photos

The first is my Grandfather Max Grebner. Mom said he was captured in Eqypt. The second in My GGfather and GGmother. Does anyone recognize the medals on his Lapel?

Thanks for any information i can get.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anyone please give me information on these photos  
    Attached Images Attached Images Could anyone please give me information on these photos 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could anyone please give me information on these photos
    P
    Many

I'm afraid identification won't be possible at this resolution.

Hello, curious, behind the man on the first picture, I see one white V, after one road or river?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

For the trousers, one drillich assault gun?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Mom never taked about him. The only thing she ever said about him during the war was that he was captured in Egypt.

Do I need to start a new thread for the second photo to enlarge? I tried adding it again but do not get the enlarge option

You'd be better off posting the same photos in this thread at a higher resolution. It's the minute details that will help our resident experts identify the finer points of your grandfather's uniform and his awards.

As to how you'd go about enlarging the photographs, I'm afraid I have no idea.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks for the info. Ill have to dig them out and rescan then.

Default Resized and just noticed this was written on the back

These are rescanned at 600 dpi. Hopefully the medals are clearer and could someone please translate the back also. Their names were Johann and Christine Pabst. Crazy thing is mom was always kinda secretive about the war, said they were poor. By the look of her grandparents, (My Greatgrand parents) Im thinking they were not really that poor. Im still looking for the photo of my grandfather to rescan it. Thanks for all the help you guys are giving me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anyone please give me information on these photos   Could anyone please give me information on these photos  

Is 600 dpi enough to recognize the medals or do I need to go larger?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast