Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde

Article about: Hello Everyone, Started trying to catalogue my collection, get some order into ephemera items I have. Came across this Urkunde (didn’t know it was there) – read it and for obvious reasons, i

?

Default Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde

Hello Everyone,
    Started trying to catalogue my collection, get some order into ephemera items I have. Came across this Urkunde (didn’t know it was there) – read it and for obvious reasons, it electrified me.
    It measures 15cm x 21cm and was awarded for: Oak leaf for a Knights Cross holder. I ran the name Fritz Biermeier through google it easily comes up with uniform picture, born and went to school in Augsburg in the Landkreis Schwaben where I live. He was with SS Panzer Rgt. 3 “Totenkopf “awarded the oak leaf posthumously 26th December 1944, - document issued 27th December 1944. The ink signature - Keitel - found another Keitel signature on internet it’s included with this posting – not the same exactly but similar. Ran a UV light over the paper, it doesn’t glow. I’ve taken it to a retired printer friend of mine. He says paper is period, has no grain direction (apparently machine produced paper has a grain) he calls it “handgeschafft”. Print process used “Buchdruck” old lead type letters held together in a frame, he says E & C in Eichenlaub, both letters both slightly damaged at top, which gives small break in print at top of the letter. Read up a little on Knight Cross wears with oak leaf, there were 882. One thing I’ve not been able to check out is the red stamp, has anyone any input on the stamp or anything I should look for?
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde  
    Attached Images Attached Images Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz Urkunde

Looks like a fake document keitel was OKW not OKH
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

As I found he was awarded posthum on the 26.12.1944...

"Fritz Biermeier erhielt am 26.12.1944 posthum das Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz". (685. Eichenlaubträger Fritz Biermeier)

Br Pzb14

The signature's quite different from what i've seen. I think Paul's right,sorry. Stewy S