Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Das Programm der Nsdap

Article about: Hello, I'm looking to add some documents to my collection. I found this copy of the Nsdap programm (from 1934?) This is a photo I took this summer in a museum in Munich Same format, same col

Default Das Programm der Nsdap

Hello,

I'm looking to add some documents to my collection.

I found this copy of the Nsdap programm (from 1934?)

Das Programm der NsdapDas Programm der Nsdap

This is a photo I took this summer in a museum in Munich

Das Programm der Nsdap

Same format, same colours, and different price, but if you look at the right side you can notice a difference in the dot of the acronym "Nsdap".
    It's only a typo?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Programm der Nsdap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Could it just be how the book was cut as it went through the manufacturing process? Would be interesting to see the inside pages to see if they too were cut differently.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP,

I've searched the web and it's the only specimen with this peculiarity.

Here are further pics of this book (it seems the pages has been cut indeed).

Das Programm der NsdapDas Programm der Nsdap

Here is a page I found on the internet.

Das Programm der Nsdap

MAP
    ?

I'm not well versed in paper collectibles but I would guess it is just an anomaly. I'm sure these were produced in vast quantities

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes Map, it could be just an anomaly, the rest of the book (printings, etc.) seems ok.

MAP
    ?

Even today you often see miss cuttings in books. If all else checks out, I would assume it is ok

VanPanz, The earlier answers are correct, the variations between the two copies are a result of how the pages and cover were cut. Both are examples of the first book in the series called, “The Official Literature of the Movement,” published by Verlag Franz Eher Nachfolger, GmbH in München under the auspices of the Nationalsozialistische Bibliothek. The price in 1933 was 50 Pfg. which would imply that the museum copy is a later edition printed after the price went up. The Best to you, Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    VanPanz, The earlier answers are correct, the variations between the two copies are a result of how the pages and cover were cut. Both are examples of the first book in the series called, “The Official Literature of the Movement,” published by Verlag Franz Eher Nachfolger, GmbH in München under the auspices of the Nationalsozialistische Bibliothek. The price in 1933 was 50 Pfg. which would imply that the museum copy is a later edition printed after the price went up. The Best to you, Dwight

Thank you for your answer Dwight!!

What differences are with this other edition?
    Last edited by VanPanz; 10-18-2018 at 07:39 PM.

VanPanz: contentwise, there was no difference, but the format (size, shape and binding) changed from time to time to reduce overhead costs. Dwight

VanPaz: I missed the point of your question. The two examples are the same except for how they were cut for binding. Later editions were bound in paper to reduce costs, the the content remained the same. Dwight