Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Which Department? What Did They Do?

Article about: Hello Can someone tell me which department this man was posted to? What did they do? (Hi-lited with star) Thanks!

Default Which Department? What Did They Do?

Hello Can someone tell me which department this man was posted to? What did they do? (Hi-lited with star) Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Which Department? What Did They Do?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which Department? What Did They Do?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Which Department? What Did They Do?

Just throwing this out there, but maybe something to do with "Reichsarzt SS"?

Was he a doctor?

?

postmanhell,

The recording highlighted in the document shown above, is for a former member of the Reichsarzt SS department. One of the more well known Reichsarzt would be Ernst-Robert Grawitz, who was one of the Reichsfuhrer-SS Heinrich Himmler's advisors regarding the use of gas chambers as a method of mass killing. Grawitz was also in the Fuhrerbunker during the final days of the Reich, but left, only to activate a grenade at home which killed him, his wife and their children.

Do you have more images that you can share, or perhaps some further information regarding the document?

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 03-21-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: To correct an earlier mistake

The abbreviation stands for "Reichsarzt SS und Polizei". It means that this man was temporarily attached to this office; but of course he was not the Reichsarzt himself. (That was the aforementioned Grawitz.)

It sounds like your guy got a nice little tour of the SS.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but maybe something to do with "Reichsarzt SS"?

Was he a doctor?
    Yes he was a doctor, and he was decorated with the DKiS for his services with the Wiking Division

Hi Carl.... The fuller image comes from his SS Personnel file obtained from the NARA in Washington. His name was Dr Hubert Schopper of the Wiking Division. He served as a Doctor in I./SS-Pz.AR 5. He received the DKiS in March 1945

According to Mark C. Yerger's "German Cross in Silver Holders of the SS and Police", the period in question (March to July 1942) was a posting to Berlin for supplemental training.

Hi HPL.. yes so I understand. Just curious to know what he did there. I'm intrigued!