Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

Article about: This piece of letterhead is being offered to Josh. Unfortunately, he is unable to post it at the moment. I volunteered to post it so he can get opinions on it ASAP and then potentially pounc

Default From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

This piece of letterhead is being offered to Josh. Unfortunately, he is unable to post it at the moment. I volunteered to post it so he can get opinions on it ASAP and then potentially pounce on the deal.

This (and a desk flag that will be posted in a moment) both supposedly came from the widow of a U.S. 3rd Infantry Division veteran. She stated that both items came from the Berghof.

We both figure that something like this needs an in-hand inspection... but does this piece of letterhead stand a chance at being authentic?

From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?
    P
    Many

Default Re: From the desk of the Führer. Stationery from the Berghof?

with a caveat (that i have not handled one of these before), i can tell you that it matches exactly one that i was shown by a reputable collector some time back. this person presented it as authentic and this was a person i trust.

based on this experience alone, i see no issues.

if there is an expert on these out there, such a person's experience would certainly trump mine.

i apologize that i am unable to give you an unqualified opinion.

I am in the same postition as my forum friend Templehof. I would give it a cautious "OK". I do like the flag which came with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks good. Some would be concerned at the whiteness of the paper, but this is solely due to the higher grade material that was used - the finer the quality, the longer it stays white. Official stationery such as this would patently be made of higher end paper.

My only concern (again, I have not seen or handled such an item) would be the fact that as far as I can see the paper is in near perfect condition, not folded or creased or anything, if the guy was an infantryman would he not have had a fairly limited amount of space in which he could have kept it so flat and uncreased. My experience with wartime documents used or picked up by soldiers is that they were folded and tucked away or something like that. Just my two cents

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    My only concern (again, I have not seen or handled such an item) would be the fact that as far as I can see the paper is in near perfect condition, not folded or creased or anything, if the guy was an infantryman would he not have had a fairly limited amount of space in which he could have kept it so flat and uncreased. My experience with wartime documents used or picked up by soldiers is that they were folded and tucked away or something like that. Just my two cents
    I would take your comment into consideration, as it is a very good point (often overlooked) and generally speaking, that would certainly be the case. However, if it was from a locale such as the one in question, it has more chance of somebody looking after it. Also, it is a smaller sized sheet - so easier to store.

Yes it is a small size. Perhaps the soldier made special provision for it as well given the name on the letterhead.

If I had picked it up I would grab a book to keep it in between the pages of too. Nice piece Joe I hope it turns out to be good

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    I would take your comment into consideration, as it is a very good point (often overlooked) and generally speaking, that would certainly be the case. However, if it was from a locale such as the one in question, it has more chance of somebody looking after it. Also, it is a smaller sized sheet - so easier to store.
    Carl is right. Its a good point. I too would have looked after it, so i guess that maybe the reason for it to be in such good condition.

You guys up north get ALL the good stuff .........grrr..........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast