Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940

Article about: Hello all! I acquired this book a few months back from a serviceman stationed in Germany and I thought I'd share it with you. It's an interesting book-- released to highlight the Wehrmacht's

?

Default Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940

Hello all! I acquired this book a few months back from a serviceman stationed in Germany and I thought I'd share it with you. It's an interesting book-- released to highlight the Wehrmacht's achievements from the last year. It's choc-full of photographs and illustrations depicting the war effort, very interesting considering Germany was considerably well off this early in the war (I especially enjoy the chapter titled "...Gegen England"/"Against England").

It's in pretty good condition- the binding could use a bit of work, and the pull out map in the back has seen some abuse, but otherwise the pages are clear and neat!

I know it's not the most spectacular thing, but I hope some of you find it as enjoyable as I do!

Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940
    P
    Many

?

Also, I found this slip of paper in the book. Anyone know what it could be? I'll admit I can't quite figure it out...

Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940Die Wehrmacht Yearbook- 1940

Yes, the Wehrmacht book was moderately common, issued by the high command at a time when "Let's go Get England" was all the rage, and when Germany was kicking Europe's a.s!. Great aquisition.
    The other paper is post war, 60s or 70s, a stamp in the publicity series of coats of arms of German cities with nice little info-briefs on the city that some kid probably used as a bookmark. Not worthy of the high ranks of this forum.

?

Thanks for the information, and yes, it was definitely a good year for some European butt-kicking!

And yeah, I figured it was something like that-- not too exciting, but it gives a nice reminder that there was a person reading it back then. Thanks!

Book holders acquiring books like this in Calif, look inside front cover for rubber stamps indicating Yana Trails booty. (Increases books value).
    http://riverprincess.tripod.com/index-43.html
    This was one of the largest collections of Nazi books, magazines, and documents in Calif at the time.

?

How can it not be "worthy of the high stakes of this forum"?

It was found in this book, it's part of the history of this book...it shows someone reading this book post war and was maybe a book mark.....it's a nice personal touch.....it may not be worth a great deal, but worth enough to the person who placed it there

Quote by AMTG View Post
    How can it not be "worthy of the high stakes of this forum"?

It was found in this book, it's part of the history of this book...it shows someone reading this book post war and was maybe a book mark.....it's a nice personal touch.....it may not be worth a great deal, but worth enough to the person who placed it there
    I agree with you totally. Well stated. But there's just something about original pre-war stuff that has an aura of dignity post-war stuff just doesn't match. Stimmt?

?

Nope, no stamps-- The book came to me from a serviceman in Germany, anyway.

That sure was an interesting (and unfortunate) read though. I'll keep my eye out in case anything decides to turn up after 25 years! Yana Trails is only a few hours drive from me, after all.

?

AMTG-- I completely agree! Any time I find something stuck inside the pages of a book, it gets me excited, no matter what it is. One of my favourite books in my collection is a 1930s German Language textbook full of things like calling cards and newspaper clippings. Even if the book, or the things inside of it, aren't rare, just the fact that someone else took interest in the pages and left little bits of their life inside make it priceless to me. I'm glad you see it that way.

me too,to find something that you did not pay for or know of is a instant bonus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast