Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Document Stamp - Need help identifying...

Article about: Hi! I acquired this stamp in a lot of other misc German military items and would like to learn a little more about it. I primarily collect uniforms and cloth items, so this is new territory

?

Default Document Stamp - Need help identifying...

Hi! I acquired this stamp in a lot of other misc German military items and would like to learn a little more about it. I primarily collect uniforms and cloth items, so this is new territory for me.

Can someone who knows more about stamps than I do please tell me first if this is authentic, and second what military branch and use it would have served?

Thanks!!
    Dzyner

Document Stamp - Need help identifying...Document Stamp - Need help identifying...Document Stamp - Need help identifying...Document Stamp - Need help identifying...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Document Stamp - Need help identifying...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Document Stamp - Need help identifying...

It looks like it says meine ehre heisst treue on it,why don`t you put some ink on it and make a stamping so we don`t have to read it backwards?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hi zwerge. Nice idea, but I'm not sure that would be the best idea from a collectors point of view. Maybe I can apply enough pressure on a piece of paper to emboss it so I can get the imprint. I'll try it later.

?

Ok so I looked up the stamp wording and it's the SS motto, "my honour is loyalty". So now the bigger question... Is this authentic?

I do not think it is authentic.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi Walkwolf. Can you please elaborate on that?? What are the reasons for your opinion?

your right it is SS stamp, but question is it authentic. I'm not to familiar with stamps, but i agree with walkwolf, to me it seems like a fantasy stamp. (i could be wrong.) If original got your self a collectible stamp

Try looking up SS documents on the Internet or SS stamps.

?

I think the main issue is the handle of the stamp. There was a couple of these on another thread and the handles were the same and they were thought fake. I think the general opinion is that German wartime stamps did not have this shape of handle.

?

I think the term they used was a "mushroom" handle, and that is a good sign these are post war. I remember seeings pics of real ones, again on another thread for comparison. A lot of these turn up on e bay

Hi Darren, sorry it is a fantasy item based upon the design of the SS Officers belt buckle. It has the usual poorly made Eastern European handle.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast