Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

document translations

Article about: hello, i have two documents that i need to be translated. they are part of a named medal bar i recieved yesterday and i would like to know what they say for research purposes. thanks john

Thumbs up document translations

document translationsdocument translationsdocument translationsdocument translationshello, i have two documents that i need to be translated. they are part of a named medal bar i recieved yesterday and i would like to know what they say for research purposes.
    thanks
    john

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement document translations
    P
    Many

Default Re: document translations

Hi John, I can tell you what they are in general terms rather than word for word. Not sure what you already know, so sorry if I am telling you stuff which is no use.

The first document details the award of the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (Cross of Honour / Hindenburg Cross) for serevice in WW1 to a former member of the Navy who was currently employed as an official of the Reichsbank in Munchen Gladbach. Due to the millions of these medals being awarded it took years for them all to get processed.

The second sheet covers his actual service.,taken from his paybok details in order to prove his entitlement. As you will see, he joined the Navy as a young man in 1906 as part of the Ship's Youth detachtment. It goes on to list all the ships he served on, the Charlotte, the Medusa, etc. These will be fairly easy to research. It then goes on to list his ranks and finally his awards, EKII, Long service cross etc.

He served throughout WW1 and was discharged in 1921.

Nice project.

Cheers, Ade.