Become our sponsor and display your banner here

DRK awards? Recognitions?

Article about: I have 6 of these small awards of some kind and 5 of the six are for the same person. I know they are related to the DRK but what exactly are they? I'm also assuming that the color of the ti

Default DRK awards? Recognitions?

I have 6 of these small awards of some kind and 5 of the six are for the same person. I know they are related to the DRK but what exactly are they? I'm also assuming that the color of the tin oak leaves have some significance. Thanks in advance!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK awards? Recognitions?
    P
    Many

Not DRK; they're from the DRL [Deutscher Reichsausschuss für Leibesübungen, i.e. German National Council for Physical Exercise].

These are all certificates for participation in various sports competitions. (Mr. Terhorst's five documents are for canoeing/kayaking; the one for Mr. Thomas is for athletics.)

The oak leaf symbolizes strength and is found in the design of many sports-related awards and trophies. The golden leaves are on the documents for those who took 1st place in the respective event.

Very nice thank you! I didn't see any words I recognized in German so was pretty clueless here. I sure wish Google image translator had a sutterlin option in the font.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie