Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick up

Article about: Hi All. I aquired this nice little FAD/RAD photo album, pictures date from early 33 to early 38, it was part of a 3 album set belonging to the same man but It got broken up in auction and I

Default Early Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick up

Hi All.
    I aquired this nice little FAD/RAD photo album, pictures date from early 33 to early 38, it was part of a 3 album set belonging to the same man but It got broken up in auction and I liked this one the best, he was Lt Hands Wahl, he served in the 9th Infantry and also as high command in norway, but this album covers his early days in the RAD with unit 225, and he also spent some time learning to fly gliders with a para-military unit, the album came with some extras, a clipped out obit of SS man otto kipka and also a signed photo of a important looking man (if anyone can tell me who it is that would be appreciated) so much to cover with this one but I tried to keep it short and sweet, here are some photo's, if you can identify anything specific or important please let me know! I love the early stuff, thanks for looking
    Early Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick up
    P
    Many

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    he album came with some extras, a clipped out obit of SS man otto kipka and also a signed photo of a important looking man (if anyone can tell me who it is that would be appreciated)
    The signature says "Oberfeld", the rank below that is given as "Gen.Arbfr. a.D." [= Generalarbeitsführer außer Dienst, i.e. retired].

I know of a Generalarbeitsführer named Emil Oberfeld, although I have never seen a photograph of him.

However, since there weren't too many men with that rank, I'd say he is your man.

Nice early-period photos and the death card is interesting as well...The album is in great shape with a nice RAD cover, hope you got a good deal and thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

Just to round things off, here is some data on the SS man from the newspaper clipping (as compiled from the SS-Dienstalterslisten (SS officers' seniority lists):

Name: Kipka, Otto

Date of birth: 14 Dec. 1910

NSDAP number: 293 454

SS number: 3214

Promotion dates:
    9 Nov. 1935 - Untersturmführer
    30 Jan. 1937 - Obersturmführer
    20 April 1938 - Hauptsturmführer
    30 Jan. 1941 - Sturmbannführer

Awards and decorations:
    Totenkopfring der SS, Ehrendegen des Reichsführers SS, SA-Wehrabzeichen, Deutsches Reichssportabzeichen in Bronze

Duty assignments:
    SD-Hauptamt (as per SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1936, 1 Dec. 1937 and 1 Dec. 1938)
    Reichssicherheitshauptamt (as per SS-DAL of 1 Oct. 1942)

Military-/Waffen-SS-/Police rank: none

Other data: Member of Lebensborn e.V.

[According to secondary information - as found over on the Axis History Forum - he had served with Amt III (SD) of the BdS in the Generalgouvernement and was KIA in France.]

Thank you HPL, and thank you glenn, the photo's inside are almost mint, it is pretty amazing how good they are considering the age, I think this album was stored properly and not handled very often, here are some shaky magnified close ups of some uniform and flag insignia for those who enjoy the small details
    Early Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick upEarly Fad/ Rad Photo Album pick up

?

In between each page are there a celluloid protectors resembling spiders and webs ???

In between each page are there a celluloid protectors resembling spiders and webs ???
    Yes a few are torn but most of them are intact.

?

Very nice item and most valuable too... At least to me... I like the early RaD photos as well...Gwar

?

Very nice, thanks for sharing

I havent seen too many albums with early FAD photo 's so it is a nice item to have, wish I could have gotten the other two in the grouping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast