Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early NSDAP group photo - Gau Essen

Article about: Hello everyone! I thought I would share with you one of my latest acquisitions: a tiny political grouping that includes two photographs dated 1933 and a letter, all from the NSDAP Essen, Ort

Default Early NSDAP group photo - Gau Essen

Hello everyone!

I thought I would share with you one of my latest acquisitions: a tiny political grouping that includes two photographs dated 1933 and a letter, all from the NSDAP Essen, Ortsgruppe Steinplatz. It wasn't cheap, but if you check the location below my username you will know why I just had to get it.

I shall first post the group photo. It is in quite a sorry condition, yet it is (as of now) one of my personal favourites in my modest collection of political photographs. And with myself being a fan of early PO uniforms, this photo was yet another good reason to pay a few extra Euros.

Along with the photo came the letter below, again from the NSDAP Ortsgruppe Essen-Steinplatz. It was most likely sent to all those who newly signed up to be a party member. It states that the addressee (though none has been entered here) is living in the area of said Ortsgruppe and lists several names along with the positions those Pg's held. I think, with some effort and a little luck it might be possible to match some of those names with a few faces shown on the group photograph.

And finally, the following portrait postcard also came within this group. Of particular interest, because good for a quick laugh, may be the dedication on the back. I shall however, for the moment, leave it to you to try reading (and translating) it.

A very small, yet interesting grouping nonetheless. I hope you guys enjoy it. I for one like it quite a lot.

Cheers, MB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSDAP group photo - Gau Essen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early NSDAP group photo - Gau Essen

Quote by M. Bäcker View Post
    Of particular interest, because good for a quick laugh, may be the dedication on the back. I shall however, for the moment, leave it to you to try reading (and translating) it.
    Very practical thinking by that man, I must say.

Thanks for sharing the group photo as well; a fine study of these early uniforms and insignia.