Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Early SA document

Article about: I recently purcahsed this early SA document. It is dated 1934. But must be early 1934 because it mentions Ernst Rhöm. Has anyone ever seen a document like this before, or know what it is for

Default Early SA document

I recently purcahsed this early SA document. It is dated 1934. But must be early 1934 because it mentions Ernst Rhöm. Has anyone ever seen a document like this before, or know what it is for?
    Thanks
    Early SA document
    Early SA document
    Early SA document
    Early SA document
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SA document   Early SA document  

Early SA document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SA document
    P
    Many

Those are regulations for saluting.

?

Hello, the Salute Regulations are indeed dated May 7, 1934, just two months prior to the Night of the Long Knives.

Just to add a brief translation from page 5:

"I. General

1. Saluting is a gesture of mutual respect and comradeship. It is a measure of the spirit of the SA. Saluting is a duty: its negligence is a violation of an official order and is punishable.

2. Tact and courtesy demand that a SA-Mann greets first a SA-Führer, a SA-Führer of a lower rank greets first a higher ranking SA-Führer, and a younger one greets first the older one. The salute is to be responded in dignified form. Mutual waiting on the salute, insufficient and negligent…"

Thanks for your response. The entire book is 31 pages, why would they need so many pages just for saluting. Also the print date on the book seems to be 7 May 1934 only a few months before Ernst Röhm was killed.

Has anyone seen a similar document like this before? In guessing very few of these early documents survived all these years.

Quote by ww2militarycollector View Post
    The entire book is 31 pages, why would they need so many pages just for saluting. . .
    Teutonic thoroughness
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by ww2militarycollector View Post
    Has anyone seen a similar document like this before? In guessing very few of these early documents survived all these years.
    I have seen this one before occasionally. There are more of such kind of specific regulations, as for example
    the "Allgemeine Dienstordnung" (from December 12, 1933) about the duties of an SA man, the special duties, the disciplinary measures and about how to complaint (about 64 pages);
    as well as the "Ehrenordnung für die SA der NSDAP" (from December 12, 1933) about honour and their courts (30 pages);
    also "De Weg zum SA-Sportabzeichen" (from March 18, 1937) with all ins and ouits how to get the sports-badge (58 pages).
    Later all of this was included in the "Handbuch der SA" (from Oktober 27, 1938). This book was included the above and extended with a lot
    of other information about the SA-forces (397 pages).

Weitze had some of these for sale. Have no idea if they are still available.

Early SA document