Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command

Article about: The latest for my collection is this EK II & I set to the eventual Second-in-Command of the Scharnhorst. Ernst Dominik won the DKiG and died when Scharnhorst was sunk by British Naval fo

Default EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command

The latest for my collection is this EK II & I set to the eventual Second-in-Command of the Scharnhorst. Ernst Dominik won the DKiG and died when Scharnhorst was sunk by British Naval forces in the Barents Sea in December 1943 (I am in contact with the owner of Dominik's DKiG & High Seas Fleet citations to trade scans). Both EK citations have darkened with age.
    The EK II is signed by Wilhelm Marschall, the EK I is signed by Günther Lütjens and the promotion citation has the counter-signature of Erich Raeder.

The EK II is dated for 29th November 1939 and the only thing I can think of for his being awarded this is the attack on the British Northern Patrol which saw the sinking of the Armed Merchant Cruiser HMS Rawalpindi.
    Dominik joined Scharnhorst in January 1939, serving as her Flak Gunnery Officer, then her Gunnery Officer and then rose to be her Second-in-Command in April 1943.

A nice little extra is the small transparent folder that holds the EK citations which has a sketch of the Scharnhorst on it.

EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command
    EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK Citation Set To Scharnhorst Second-In-Command

very nice thanks for sharing

tom

Fabulous documents Hucks!
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I like it! Thanks for showing.

Regards

I like this very much too.

Chers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!