Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erwin Schneider - 79th Gebirgsjäger Artillerie/Artillery Regiment (G.A.R.)

Article about: Hello everyone! I am new here so forgive my being lost and confused, but trying to figure this out... But does anyone happen to know or have anything about him (he got promoted to Oberleutna

Default Erwin Schneider - 79th Gebirgsjäger Artillerie/Artillery Regiment (G.A.R.)

Hello everyone!
    I am new here so forgive my being lost and confused, but trying to figure this out... But does anyone happen to know or have anything about him (he got promoted to Oberleutnant in 1943 and Oberstleutnant in 1944) or at least his regiment? There is not much out there, unfortunately! Anything about them or especially him would be so great and would mean a lot! Thank you very much!
    Have a lovely day everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erwin Schneider - 79th Gebirgsjäger Artillerie/Artillery Regiment (G.A.R.)
    P
    Many

And he is the husband of Herta Schneider (Eva Braun's childhood best friend and married in 1936 but I would love to know the date! and father to Ursula (Uschi) and Brigitte (Gitta) and lived at the Berghof when not away. And I know the date of birth and death although I want to know what he died of too.

Are you sure about the promotions? To go from Oberleutnant to Oberstleutnant in just one year would mean a promotion of 3 ranks. In a year a promotion to Hauptmann (which is the next rank up from Oberleutnant) would be more realistic.

Due to his name being fairly common his date of birth might help people to narrow down the search.

OK, just done a quick check. He was an Oberleutnant in 1935 and an Oberstleutnant in 1944 which would make more sense.

Born - 5th May 1909
    Died - 12th July 1945

According to Volksbund his place of death is unknown and his grave has not been found but is believed to be in the area of Vrsac (Serbia). It will probably be very hard to find out what he died of - could be mistreatment, disease or died of wounds received during the war.

That's what I meant, sorry, typo, and that's the one! and thank you!
    Last edited by FrauHertaBvB; 11-14-2017 at 02:52 AM.