Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ever Heard of Lt. Colonel Gerhard Hein?

Article about: I was researching my post card of Heer Lt. Colonel Gerhard Hein, in the das-ritterkreuz.de website, when I saw something very odd. It shows a photo of Hein wearing an SS uniform, but mention

Default Ever Heard of Lt. Colonel Gerhard Hein?

I was researching my post card of Heer Lt. Colonel Gerhard Hein, in the das-ritterkreuz.de website, when I saw something very odd. It shows a photo of Hein wearing an SS uniform, but mentions he was a Heer officer. Did Hein transfer from the Heer to the Waffen SS? In Wikipedia they refer to him as a Heer Officer - RKT with Oak Leaves. Any ideas? The photo of him as an SS Officer, is from the das-ritterkreuz.de website. The other is mine. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ever  Heard  of  Lt. Colonel  Gerhard  Hein?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ever  Heard  of  Lt. Colonel  Gerhard  Hein? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ever  Heard  of  Lt. Colonel  Gerhard  Hein?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ever Heard of Lt. Colonel Gerhard Hein?

Gerd Hein also served with the Waffen SS as a result of his service as an HJ Oberbannfuhrer and Inspector of Wehrertuechtigungslager ( HJ Instruction camps ) , as far as i can recall he served in either Normandy or the Ardennes with the Hitler Jugend Division. He served as an SS Hauptsturmfurher commanding I / SS Pz Gren Regt 26,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Gerd Hein also served with the Waffen SS as a result of his service as an HJ Oberbannfuhrer and Inspector of Wehrertuechtigungslager ( HJ Instruction camps ) , as far as i can recall he served in either Normandy or the Ardennes with the Hitler Jugend Division. He served as an SS Hauptsturmfurher commanding I / SS Pz Gren Regt 26,

regards

Paul
    Thanks for the info. Herr Hein went to Valhalla in 2008, and the ritterkreuz website makes no mention of it. They didn't mention the HJ service either. I guess they have lost interest in their site. Type in "OESAU" and take a look-see. That is NOT Oesau !

?

I have a few signed photos of Gerd Hein !! Das Ritterkreuz is still an excellent reference site but is not always up to date,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings